Help! My LP temps have run away!

Orglethorp

Reaction score
Oh, hello there! I haven't posted here in a few months because I'm trying not to obsess over TTC, but this cycle is just so weird I need opinions.

This is cycle #9 TTC for us, but it has been 1 full year now because my cycles are a little long. This is also the 3rd cycle since April that's longer than it should be. It's been happening on every-other-cycle. My 'normal' cycles are like clockwork. O on CD23, AF 14 days later, distinct temp pattern. CD1 BBT shoots up, CD2 dips a tad, CD3-7 hover around where CD1 was, 8/9 an oestrogen surge dip happens, 10-12 BBT recovers, 13-14 down hill toward AF.

This cycle I had a negative but getting close to positive opk on the afternoon of Thursday October 3. We DTD that afternoon, and then went to the cabin for a 3-day weekend. I temped Friday morning and got a decently high temp, and though I had O'd. CM was dripping. Then Sat/Sun were both low, just below the threshold I'm considering my cover-line these days. Didn't bother to check CM/CP those mornings. I did have a few drinks each night at the cabin (the most was only 3 drinks though), and it is a cabin. It's in the middle of the woods and heated with a wood stove. I don't put too much stock into my cabin BBT readings.

Monday morning woke up at home with a BBT that was undeniably post-O. My cervix was low and my CM had become the chalky-pasty stuff I'm used to seeing in the early half of my TWW. We DTD that morning.

Tues-Thurs my temps stayed up in my usual post-O range, CP seemed good, CM was the same chalky-pasty.

Friday (yesterday, CD5 if I O'd Sunday) I got a HUGE temp drop below my coverline. In fact, it's one of the lowest temps I've had the whole cycle. I was cautiously excited, because that sounded like an implantation dip despite it being (probably) so early.

This morning (Saturday, CD6) my BBT has only gone up a tiny bit. It's still below my coverline. My cervix is high, soft and closed by not clamped. My CM is stll the same chalky-pasty stuff I expect, and there's lots of it. My boobs were starting to hurt in the last couple days, but that's almost completely gone now.

Is this a good sign, or am I expecting AF way too early?

(I've never had an LP shorter than 12 days)

if you didnt o this month af could come early. i had same thing happen earlier this yr. only way to know for sure since you had a few days off bbt is if your af is shorter and a lot lighter .

other than that im not too sure its a bit odd that its still below the cover i would have thought it would have gone up but maybe the egg implanted and it will shoot up tomorrow. i guess the next few days off bbt are the only way to know really

I would suspect no O if I didn't have at least 3 sustained high temps, but I did. I also had a nearly-positive opk Thursday (4th) afternoon.

Did you take an OPK on the Friday?? It should have likely been positive at that point, otherwise there is a chance that while you had an increase in LH, it wasn't enough to actually release an egg.

The higher BBT over a couple days would signal O, so I agree, I think you need to see if your BBT rise up above the coverline again or not. If they stay low, likely AF is on the way and you didn't O or have a very short LP. If they go back up, implantation dip is entirely possible, and they should stay up right past when AF is expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->