Help needed please too much heat 8 weeks pregnant

Rihannalove

Reaction score
Hey ladies I am pregnant with my second one 8 weeks silly me I have done something stupid today due to the cold weather I had the heater (portable) on and I put a blanket on top and I fell asleep when I woke up I was so hot and sweating I looked up on the internet it says too much heat during early pregnancy is not good now I am so scared that I may have done something to my baby please give me some reassurance 😞

Your body will know when you're getting too hot and react accordingly to get you to cool down. You can be hot and sweaty just living in a hot climate! I'm hot and sweaty every night as I'm always a hot sleeper :p You're probably fine.

Don't panic. When I was preggers with first it was 40dgrees and I was fine. Once fell asleep on beach IN THE SUN woke up with a burning belly!!! I think they mean extremely hot baths or saunas etc is bad. I used to wake up sweating all the time from being too hot, reminded myself that women in hot countries managed it years ao without aircon! Try not to worry:hugs:

:hugs: It's kind of lovely that we worry so much...even though it's torture!

You haven't hurt your baby. If you'd sat in a Finnish sauna for half an hour and shown signs of heatstroke I'd be concerned, but getting sweaty under a warm blanket is fine, I've woken up in a sweat loads already because of piling on the blankets in this chilly weather :)

I routinely fall asleep with my heating pad on low. Sometimes I get terrible cramps, or tummy pains and the heat helps. I've always done this, pregnant or not. I agree that your body will know you're too warm and do what it needs to adjust this. I always assume that when I wake up and the heating pad isn't on me anymore I got too warm and pushed it off cuz I don't move around a lot in my sleep.

You'll be OK, no one despite their best efforts, can do every single thing they are or aren't suppose to do during pregnancy. Most of them have healthy babies. I know I should take vitamins but they make me sick, always have. My girls are happy healthy and have had no issues once so ever. Worry not hun!

I had the same worry as you… with my first I took a SCALDING hot bubble bath the day before my BFP. I was so worried. Everything turned out fine!

I accidentally went in the hot tub (twice!) when I was about 4-5 weeks....my other kids were in swimming lessons and it never even occurred to me until after! Pregnancy brain......!! :dohh:
Anyway, mentioned it to my midwife and she said we naturally respond to our bodies heating up by removing ourselves from the heat source, usually well before we might do damage. As long as you don't purposely remain overheated, you'll be fine. :flower:
I do bikram yoga a lot but I stay away from it during pregnancy because it's an extended amount of time in a seriously hot room with no way to properly cool down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->