Help! Neg blood test, POSITIVE home test!

jessibear86

first time mommy!
Reaction score
Okay, i need some advice and some encouragement. I am a week and a half late, 24 DPO. On I was testing negative at home all week last week so I had a blood test on Friday. Saturday I got a faint positive on a early response, and then constant positives, each getting darker over the weekend on three different brands of test including a wondfo (which showed the positive the latest), early response and a clear blue. The doctor called me today and told me my blood test is negative and I don't have my period because of stress. I told her I am having positive tests at home and she wants to wait 10 days to retest my blood to make sure. I am scared and feel sick. What do you think?

Please help!

Its possible your HCG was too low when the blood test was done to show a positive result, since you have had several positives I think your pregnant but I would do as the doctor advised and repeat the blood test in a week even though you know your pregnant.

I agree with PP.. probably had bloods done a little early... but if you have had several pos on diff brands!! has to be bfp

Pregnancy test are very sensitive, maybe more sensitive than having your blood taken. Your hcg levels in your blood stream may have been too low at the time they took the sample.

You have taken soooo many pregnancy test at home that came out positive. I'd say YOU ARE PREGNANT and just do what the doctor says and retake the blood test.

I'd say that your blood work was done too early. Fingers crossed for you!

I just wanted to add that blood work is more sensitive than urine. The highest sensitivity you can get on a urine test is 10miu, whereas the instruments that measure serum/plasma bhcg measure lower levels then that with their linearity ranges down to 5miu.

Timetotry is completely correct. Blood is WAY more specific and sensitive than a urine HCG. It can actually detect clear at 0miu, however, they do not consider it a positive beta until 5 miu.

It's crazy that blood was done when i was 5 days late on my period and it still didn't show! I must have ovulated way later than I thought! A digital test today also says pregnant, along with a MUCH darker line on a wondfo than yesterday. I'm so excited!! Thank you ladies for the support, I feel a LOT better now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->