Help! Nursing/sleeping pattern driving me nuts!

9jawife

Mom of one
Reaction score
I don't know what's wrong with my DS. He will feed and seem content and fall asleep, and I do hold him after feeds and he seems deep asleep, but then when I put him down he wakes up within a few minutes! So it's back to the breast, he sucks a little more, falls asleep again...and the whole cycle repeats itself.
Sometimes I try to keep him awake on the breast longer if I don't feel completely empty-and my LC said not to do that-she said to let him regulate himself-but it doesn't work. When he wants to sleep, nothing can wake him up!
I know I don't have a supply issue because DS has been gaining a steady 1 oz/day. The only other thing I can think of is he may just want the comfort of being with me. In which case, how can I get him to sleep alone sometimes? TIA

Sounds like a growth spurt! I bf my daughter for 2 years and went through all sorts of ups and downs, including what your LO is doing! I literally just went with the flow and it was a phase that soon passed. I agree it sounds like a comfort, as soon as they feel that nipple leave them, they notice!

I can't actually remember what on earth I did at the time, some people recommend feeding the baby and letting them fall asleep by themselves whilst others believe in nursing to sleep. I was the latter but didn't "believe" as such, more a case of had no other option!
He will grow out of it, just may take a small amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->