Help! Over the Counter tests for amnio fluid?!

oedipamass

Reaction score
Hey ladies. I have experienced a lot of watery, slightly yellow discharge for the past few weeks. Going through 2-3 pantyliners a day. I didn't think much of it until reading it could be amniotic fluid. My next OB appointment is on Monday, but I don't want to wait if something is wrong. I also don't want to waste $ going to the ER if it's just regular pregnancy discharge...

Does anyone know how I can test for this at home with something I can get at the drugstore? I read somewhere that we can use yeast infection test strips for the pH. Is this true?

There isn't . The hospital checks with a special kind of litmus paper that reacts with a certain ph.

I would go in any ways. And get checked . If your soaking a panty liner .

See if they can just schedule you in early and cancel your appointment for later so you don't get billed for two? It definitely needs to be checked out if you're going through multiple liners. Don't wait especially at only 22 weeks, it's not okay :( I've read that amniotic fluid has a sweet smell to it as opposed to if it was urine, that could solve it for you a little.

Just an update: went to the doctors and they checked me. everything looks fine and it sounds like it's just increased discharge due to pregnancy. They didn't do a strip test or anything because they said my cervix was high and well closed so they didn't worry.

My cervix was very high and closed tightly and they still checked the fluid that was in the birth canal to be sure. They also did swabs for infection and it turns out I had BV. Once that was treated the discharge pretty much went away.

glad everything turned out fine oedipamass!

amjon: what's BV?

maybe bacterial vaginosis?

btw you're avatar makes you look like zooey deschanel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back