Help please, find out gender in less than 2 weeks and want to be prepared!

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
With DD we knew as soon as found out we were having a girl that she would be called Louise Mae
This time round though, we just don't have a clue and to be honest don't really have the time to focus on it like we did before lol.
Really need some inspiration please as we've hit a brick wall, we like fairly 'normal' names and obviously has to go with Louise but we are rally struggling for inspiration :( and want to have names picked out ready for our scan in less than 2 weeks!

For a girl we have always loved Jessica Jane but Jessica is currently the 3rd most popular name and this puts me off massively as Louise is not a very common first name these days. Only other name we can think of is Lizzie Ann, I loved it at first but think its wearing thin already and hubby seems to be going off it :(

For a boy his middle name will be Mark after FIL (such a shame we don't like it enough to use as a first name), I still love Stanley as that's what we had short listed last time if DD had been a boy but OH not overly keen now :(
He loves Frank but I absolutely hate it, mainly because I can't stand Franky
Only other names we can think of are Oscar and Tommy but neither of them are really doing it enough for me haha

Any ideas please lovely ladies?
Want a name that looks and sounds right when we sign cards lol, so Matt, Katie, Louise and ...............

Given a choice I would call a little girl Katie but think people would think I was a bit odd haha

I love Hazel Kate I think Hazel goes great with DD1 name. Hazel will age well and that is a plus.

Here are some more…

Margo
Cora
Sybil
Molly
Emmaline
Eloise
Elodie
Olivia
Lydia

I love Hazel Kate I think Hazel goes great with DD1 name. Hazel will age well and that is a plus.

Here are some more…

Margo
Cora
Sybil
Molly
Emmaline
Eloise
Elodie
Olivia
Lydia

Thank you but they're all a bit too 'out there' for me hehehe

Here are some more…

Margo
Cora
Sybil
Molly
Emmaline
Eloise
Elodie
Olivia
Lydia

Thank you but they're all a bit too 'out there' for me hehehe

That's fine I was trying to think of old classic names that are along the same style are Louise. Olivia is actually really popular right now. Good luck finding a name. =]

Laura
Emily
Elizabeth
Charlotte
Emma
Cathrine (nn Katie or Kitty which I personally really like)
Jane

I really like Lizzy. If it was me I would put Elizabeth on the birth certificate though and then shorten it. That way she can choose her own way to shorten it when she's older (eg Beth, Eliza, Betty, Liz etc)

Other "normal" names that spring to mind:

Emma
Abigail
Katie (Katherine or katrina)
Josie (Josephine)
Alice
Hannah
Lucy

Boys- I like Stanley the best out of your list. Or how about:

James
William
Benjamin
Jason
Daniel

Matt, Katie, Louise and ...............

Lucas first came to mind - Lucas Mark sounds nice! As does Louise & Lucas!

Other suggestions:

Marcus (in honor of FIL?)
Matthew
Andrew
Daniel/Danny
Sam/Samuel

Eleanor/Ella/Ellie/Nora
Lily
Rosalie/Rose
Mary
Connie/Constance

I also think some already suggested names would work well: Catherine & Elizabeth

I would say no to giving the baby your name :shrug:

Think we are currently siding towards Jennifer for a girl and Frank, Oscar, Jake or Tommy for a boy?!

Girls:

Jenna
Emily
Grace
Elsa
Anna
Leora
Lauren

Boys:
Oliver Mark
Lucas Mark
James Mark