Help please... period? pregnant? - update PAGE4

I was told that its okay to take the pill if you suspect you're pregnant as there's absolutely no evidence that it'll harm the baby if you are carrying. The pill stops you releasing an egg and obviously when you're pregnant you don't release eggs anyway.

thanks, still not sure but do u happen to know if you still get the withdrawal bleed after stopping again if pregnant? xxx

hmm just found this... on birth control info website

Can you have a pill withdrawal period and be pregnant?

I know that when you're on the pill, the bleeding you have during your placebo week is in fact withdrawal bleeding and not a "true" period, of course, the blood is real, but there is some difference.
Since this is true, is it also correct that if one became pregnant while on the pill, they would not have withdrawal bleeding at all during their placebo week, or it would be very spotty/light? (assuming that no pills were missed). I have heard that this withdrawal bleeding each month, when it is on time, normal, etc. is "proof" that the woman is not pregnant and the pills are working correctly--is this correct?
If you were to become pregnant on birth control pills, a normal withdrawal period would not occur because progesterone production from the corpus luteum gland on the ovary overrides the drop in progesterone from finishing the active pills. Occasionally a woman could have some spotting while pregnant but usually it isn't a full period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->