HELP Please Read. I need opinions

fluterby429

Reaction score
I had an expected ectopic. I had two methotrexate shots 4 weeks ago today. my levels were right at 4000 something and two weeks ago were down to 126. My doctors office said I could skip a week of betas since things were moving nicely. This week I wasn't able to get to the doctor so Monday I took a test just to see if it was out of my system. It was a super faint positive. So the next day I took another and it was darker. I then bought FRER's and had taken one for the last three days and they too appear to be getting darker. Is it possible I'm pregnant again?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 25
I think it's highly unlikely that you are pregnant again - especially as it seems the methotrexate did it's job. I can see the test lines are darke from one to the next, but this could be more about how diluted your urine was at the time you took the tests.

My hcg took a week to drop from 127 to <1 but my levels never got as high as yours. It is possible that you still have some "retained product of conception", so it's importnant to get to your doctor for answers.

Likewise, if by some miracle, your are pregnant the methotrexate still in your system could cause big issues. Were you not advised to avoid TTC for three months?

Thanks for reading. It's actually been 5 weeks, I miss counted. As far as methotrexate causing problems that isn't the case. It is actually out of your system in about a week and it is not linked to any birth defects. The reason the advise avoiding conception for 3 months is due to the depletion of folic acid it causes. Every doctor's recommendation for TTC is different. Once your levels reach a "normal" usually below 5 you can resume a folic acid supplement to help.

I'm taking these test same time each morning so I'm not quite sure what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->