Help please

bluebell124

Reaction score
So today I got my VERY VERY VERY unmistakable BFP..... Me and my partner have been TTC for a while now..... We hit a rocky patch and separated for a while... I had unprotected sex with someone in the 24th July... *like an absolute idiot* me and my partner rekindled our romance on the 27th and have been sorting everything out.... I have a 37 day cycle and my LMP was 10\07\2014.... I am right thinking that my bfp is to my partner.... Please don't judge.... I made a mistake.. There is a lot to the story....I got bfp on a cbdigi it said 2-3 weeks
Thanks

I honestly think the date is so close that there is a possibility the father could be the other person. The possibility might be small, but it isn't impossible. I don't know what else to tell you. I assume you don't want your partner knowing you slept with someone else. So, there isn't a whole lot you can do to confirm it aside from a paternity test. Or you could try to figure out an exact date after you have a first ultrasound.

He knows I slept with someone else.... We weren't together at the time... He was with someone else... I want it to be my partners child...

I used a conception calculator online which said date of find option was 2/8/2014.....

Well, I think that you could possibly rule it out by a dating scan. But if you can't do that, then I don't think you would know for sure unless you compared dna.

It's so close that it could be either one. Do you know when you ovulated?

I would wait until you get a scan, and go from there and then determine if you want a paternity test. The scan should give you a better estimate of when you actually conceived but the only way to know for sure is a test..

What CD do you usually ovulate? Its sounds extremely unlikely to me that it's the other guys, I'm guessing you would have ovulated 'around' the third of this month give or take a few days. I don't think even the most amazing super sperm could live that long.

Sperm can hang around in the cervix to be slowly released during your fertile period, but generally speaking it only survives for up to 5 days and there isn't likely to be much sperm alive and well on that 5th day.

was it unprotected sex with both? Honestly its IMPOSSIBLE to tell without comparing DNA as a PP has stated, especially since sperm can live up to 5 days in a perfect environment. I know its tough, but everything happens for a reason and the best thing for you to do is to tell you partner the truth so that no one gets hurt in the long run. Especially if he knows you were with someone else already.

This is so stressful, so try and relax. Easier said than done :(

I agree with Minties. With a 37 day cycle, you most likely O'd very late July or very early August. I guess there is a slight chance that either could be the father, but I would think there is a really good chance that your partner is the father. DNA test after birth will be the only 100% reliable way to know.

Like the ladies said, there's a chance it could be either , but most likely your partner, and a test is the only way to know for sure.

Hey, sorry to hear about your dilemma, we all make mistakes, no one is perfect so all you can do is try and do the right thing from now on!
I really hope it is your partners baby but iv got to say that from experience I have got pregnant at very odd times in my cycle. My first pregnancy I must have ovulated before day 10. My cycles were anywhere from 23-64 days though! Last pregnancy the sperm must have hung around for 5 days or so!
Just be open and honest and then ultimately it's his choice if he supports you until the paternity test!
Good luck x:flower::flower:

Hon thus looks like you slept with the other guy on cd14?? On a 37 day cycle you probably ov'd cd23ish so if you always have a 37 day cycle you're probably safe but no guarantees. My only other concern is that if you've been a long timr there might be some fertility/compatibility issues and it's a funny coincidence that the only month you sleep with someone else you get your bfp. You won't really know unless you have a DNA test so I suppose you and your partner need to decide how much it matters and whether this baby is a blessing for you whoever provided the final sperm xx

i think it's your partner's child. you say you two rekindled your relationship on 27th - from what i understood, you guys restarted your relationship again and kept on having sex also afterwards?

if your cycle is 37 days, you ovulate around cd23 so i agree with pps who said you were theoretically out of your fertile window on the 24/07 and it's most likely that you conceived around 03/08.

sure paternity test is the only thing that can give you a 100% confirmation but based on your dates i'd say the chances are it's your partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->