Help please?

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
I dunno what to look for, for my little sister's birthday!

She will be 18 this year, but mentality wise, she is not quite there. She has some 'issues.'

Normally she gives hints for MONTHS before her birthday...not a peep this year...

Any advice?

how about a nice ring or jewelry?
something she will always remember or have?

Is she developmentally delayed??? Maybe ask her mother what she would like. My daughter is developmentally delayed, so doesn't play with all toys her age, but she does have her likes and dislikes...18 is a hard age anyways...even when not developmentally delayed. I liked the idea already suggested of jewellery.

Is she developmentally delayed??? Maybe ask her mother what she would like. My daughter is developmentally delayed, so doesn't play with all toys her age, but she does have her likes and dislikes...18 is a hard age anyways...even when not developmentally delayed. I liked the idea already suggested of jewellery.

Well she is allergic to metal. :wacko: So I know my options are already limited. And she has a...processing disorder. She mentally can't process things easily, or at all, and she comes across a little....dimwitted? Or 'dingy' to people if you don't know her.

Would she maybe enjoy a "girls" day? Like going to lunch and getting pedis? Something special for just the two of you?

Just a thought :) I'm sure no matter what you get will be great.

Hahaha well this will explain my sister better than I could any other way.

I found these bright cupcakes at the store.

They had plastic toy rings with pics of smurfs on them.

Alana LOVED them and is wearing them EVERYWHERE she goes.

cool! why do you need to explain her??? we all like diff things and i don't think it makes a diff what her stregths and weaknesses are. maybe i am sensitive because i have a child with autism, but the way you describe your sister sounds, well, cruel...sorry, that's the word i came up with after reviewing it all. i am sure whatever you get her, she will love because you are her big sister.

Just give her money! My little guy loves to go shopping he is 10 and when I take him shopping with his own money he buys a can of pringles, balloons and a movie!!!

I didn't mean it to be cruel. I just was trying to explain why I wasn't sure what to get her...cuz I may not be much older than her, but it was different, cuz of her issues. I love my sister to death. And I didn't wanna just say "she's slow" out of respect for those of you that have children with diabilities.

Today we went and got Subway, and went to the theater and saw Smurfs. We were the oldest people there. And I dont' care. I miss my sister, and we had fun.

I am not a cruel person and meant nothing of the sort by this post. I was merely seeking help/advice/ideas.

Sorry I insulted you.

pehaps have your nails done togeather, go see a movie, buy her an experience package, clothing voucher, bowling, ice skating, dvd's, books the list is endless really just dont buy something that is age related iykwim
good luck and like a pp said im sure shewill love what ever you buy her cos your her big sis :)

It's a tough age, I'm only 20 but even I can't think. I think a clothing voucher as suggested above is a great idea :) Or take her shopping with you and buy her something she really likes. I hope she has a great birthday :)

Also with the 'hahaha' in your post it seemed like you were mocking her which isn't very nice to see. I understand you probably weren't but it did look that way.

I was just amused. My god I didn't intend to start anything I was just looking for advice.

I was just saying how you came across.

What about one of these? Along with something else :)
https://www.greatgiftsetc.co.uk/tatty-teddy-18th-birthday-bear-p-19236.html

Thanks :) I'll take a look when I get a chance to get on the other computer. Right now I gotta go figure out dinner. Urg...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->