help pretty please diets and hypothyrodism

Lollip0p

Reaction score
Hiya,

Im looking for some advice, I really really want to loose some weigt, ideally around 3 stone, but realistically, I am going to do it in small chunks, so I am aiming to loose half a stone every 2 months or so.

The thing is I have no will power, and my partner is just as bad....... and the best food is all the yummy food

I also have hypothyrodism, which makes it slightly harder to loose the weight.

Can anyone recommend a diet that would work well with hypothyriodism??

If anyone wants a diet buddy to that would be great

I was planning on reducing meal sizes, and adding more veggies to the plate (for some reason I always give myself the same amount as my man) I always choose my veggies first ver other bits.

can anyone give me some tips?

I walk lots of places, do at least 1 mile walking a day with school runs. i plan ongetting my good old exercise bike out, as we cant afford the gym/exercise classes.

anyway to get motivated?

Hi, I've an under active thyroid myself. I started my diet/exercise 15 weeks ago and I've lost nearly 2 stone. Ive literally just cut right down (mainly in the week because I do allow myself some treats at the weekend such a takeaway and a couple of beers in fronton the tv). I mainly have a salad in the evening or chicken/salmon with lots of veg and no carbs in the evening. I mainly have fruit and fibre with skimmed milk in the morning but again, I do allow myself tea and toast some mornings, maybe twice a week just because I love tea and toast in the morning! I've been working out on average 4 times a week doing various classes and gym sessions but I have recently (2weeks ago) started a 4.5/5 mile walk mon-fri whilst my lo naps in the pram and still been doing my gym sessions too. This takes between 1.5-2hours to the walk.
Basically, I have allowed myself treats which has made it not feel so strict. Maybe if I had of stuck to it at weekends the same as in the week I could of lost more. At the same time though, I don't think I would of stuck at it for so long if I hadn't of allowed myself treats.
Also on th portion side of things, I have cut down too. If my dh has out too much out on my plate (something that was the norm before) I would just put it in a tub and putit in the fridge for the next day.

Hi Ladies!

I too have an underactive thyroid and PCOS so I understand.

Lollipop I would love to be your weight loss buddy! It's always easier when you have someone holding you accountable...or at least feel that way. You are doing the right thing by eating your veggies first. This way you fill up on healthy stuff, but also this helps to digest the rest of your food.

Have tried eating something like oatmeal or cheerios in the morning? Good fiber so it keeps you regular, which obviously helps lose weight, and of course fruits and veggies for snacks.

I agree with fabby. Eat your heavier meals earlier in the day so it's not sitting on your stomach overnight, and don't eat after 7. I try not to eat after 6 though.

Also working out in the morning helps to burn more calories cause it gets your heart rate up first thing in the morning and keeps up for the rest of the day. So you are burning more than you normally would if you exercised later in the day or not at all.

If you feel like having a treat, say like chocolate. Buy a bag of something like the miniature chocolates. They say this is the best way to curb the craving without completely blowing it. Have one little peice of chocolate, instead of an entire candy bar.

Do ab work, maybe 20 mins a day, and if you can...it wll feel weird at first...walk, stand, sit, etc with your stomach sucked in. The ab work will help with this. While you are working your abs and and building muscle, they will tighten up which will help to shrink your stomach and you therefore won't eat as much and will lose weight. Not to mention, you'll have a pretty hot tummy!

If I can remember/think of anything else I will let you know!

Thanks ladies :)

I think the amount of fizzy drinks i have is a problem too, so im trying to cut down on them too, if i completely stop then i end up with a migraine for the rest of the day, so im trying just to have one at lunch times to get me through the day.

I did smaller portions last night, much to much ohs moaning, but then an hour later he proceeded to geat half a box of biscuits...... I dont think he wants to loose weight, but i do, and i just find it so difficult when he sits there will all the yummy food.

If you have sald and a chicken breast do you add another basic staple, such as potato, rice pasta etc? or is just a grilled chicken breast and a side salad?

I havent eaten breakfast in about 15 years, i never get hungry in the morning, and I cant force myselft to eat breakfast, the only time i have breakfast is if i am starting work at 7am, and I have to get up at 5am, and sometime dont finish until 7pm.

Im trying to reduce my food gradually so my body doesnt go into major shock over night, and make me crave for food, as i know i will give in.

we always eat around 7ish, due to my work, sometime later, and sadly thats something I cant change.

I think we will still have a takeaway once a week, as its our treat to ourselves. but maybe i will have less, iykwim.

Its my tummy thats the main problem :( i need to loose the baby bulge, and my daugter is 20 months now, so i dont really have an excuse any more.

Do either of you know if we can use Acia berries if we have hypothyroidism and are on levothyroxine?

No idea about the Berries thing. What is it?
Yes, I just have salad and chicken or fish with no added carbs
Good luck in your weight loss

I don't know anything about the Acai berry either. I just recently heard that it's not as good for you as they originally thought, buy like everything else that could be wrong. I am currently taking phentermine which is an appetite suppressant prescribed by my doctor. It has no relation to phen phen and I take it everyday with levothyroxine. You may want to look into health-e trim. Its all natural supplement that helps to lose weight by curbing your appetite and giving you lots of energy. I asked my doctor about that and he didn't see a problem with it. I'm always careful what I put in cause we want to get pg so my doctor always knows everything. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac...lol. But ask your doctor and see.

Thanks

The berries, are meant to help weight loss, not sure if they do or if its a fad? but they sell the berries at all good health food shops

the thing is with my doctors you need to know when you are going to be ill, as you have to wait around 2 weeks for an appointment.......

Ive had a rubbish couple of days, as ive been feeling so poorly, and my lo has been ill too, and up all night over the last 4 nights, so i am so drained, so ive just picking at food, and when i do it its all the bad stuff :(

How are you ladies doing? x

Sorry you and the lo aren't feeling well.

I've been good...finding new ways to workout that are fun and don't feel like a workout.

What ways have you been doing? I have just ordered a skipping rope, figured with the sun being out i could skip, as thats fun

How was your weekend? and how is everything going? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->