HELP, progesterone blood test.

Lozb

Reaction score
Hi I need a little help. My cycles arrange at about 28 days long with a LH phase of 11days.

My doctor has requested I have a progesterone blood test. Said to me last month that it needed to be 7 days before my period. I didn't do O tests last month.
I counted 7 days back from when my period was meant to come but I actually came on two days later so it didn't get the answer she was looking for.

I have to repeat it this month. I am doing OPK this month so shud be able to get O on that but unsure when to go for this blood test? Doctor said go day 21 but that falls on a Sunday so wud have to be day 22 and worried I will come on again cycle day 25.

Does anyone know when I shud go?

Hi doctors base the cd21 tests on an average cycle of 28 days oving on cd14. I had problems with this as I had different lengths cycles and early ov. The best result is to go 7 days after a positive ov test that way you should be right on. So if you ov cd11 for example go cd18. Good luck.

Second that! I had long cycles and didn't even O until CD21 so I went for those tests on CD 28 usually:)

I would go about 7 days after you think you ovulated. But even if you went a day earlier or late, they will still get a good idea of your progesterone levels...

Also, sometimes when they give you the lab paperwork, you can go to a lab at a hospital or clinic that is open on a Saturday/Sunday, if you really wanted to go on a sunday I would check on that!

But if I went 7 days after I O I will come on 4 days later as I only ever have a 11 day LH phase.

When they say 7 days before your period she is probably assuming you have a 14 day LP as most women might not be able to pinpoint when they ovulate.

I had this test done yesterday on 7dpo. My LP phase is between 10-12 days so it was more accurate to do it on 7dpo since I know when it is :)

No she knows it's 11 days, they haven't referred me to. The fertility clinic yet and doing these tests before they do so she no expert in it. I may go 5 or 6 days after O so I can get the right results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->