HELP- So very unlikely but what do you think?

emicakess

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave: I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this but I guess it would make the most sense given my choices of forums lol.

So I have a paragaurd IUD in place. I have zero libido (ugh) so we have sex like once a month :cry:
I have a 17 (almost 18) month old who I nurse (but he hasn't been nursing as much lately) and I've had 3 post partum periods. They all showed a consistent pattern, 3 days of heavy and 2 days of light 28 days apart. So I was expecting to get my period March 15th. Nothing. I started having PMS symptoms around the 20th maybe? Endlessly hungry but no appetite, cramps, moody, heartburn, low milk supply.

Well here we are SEVENTEEN days "late" and I took a dollar test on the 23rd and 27th both stark white

I did have some very very very very light brown spotting somewhere around the 26th? Maybe 27th/28th? I didn't chart it but it was around there. I thought I was going to start and I didn't.
This whole time I have assumed I am NOT pregnant. But with the absance if my period still and my crazy moodiness I am wondering... 🤔
I know we had sex Feb 13th. And I got my period right after. I Know we had sex after that sometime, probably somewhere in the first 2 weeks of March. So IF I were pregnant this is how it would make sense:
We DTD the second week of March, sperm got past my IUD and lived for a few days. I ovulated a little late and implanted around the 26th (9-12 days later) but then tested the next day (27th) or I even tested before implantation (can't remember when I spotted). So that's why I got a negative.

Am I crazy haha? Has anyone else ever gotten 3 very consistent post partum periods and then had the periods just go super wonky?! Thank you for reading!

It’s common to have irregular periods with the iud... as long as it’s in the right place, you’re unlikely to be pregnant- id give a week or so and retest just to be sure x

Unlikely, but possible. With 2 IUDs, I've had a total of 4 oops pregnancies. I lost all 4, for obvious reasons. That said, the copper of the Paragard is extremely hostile to sperm, so I'd be really surprised if you did get pregnant with it in.

Siding with everyone else, it’s extremely rare to get pregnant and have a healthy successful pregnancy with an iud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->