Help! Suddenly hates fruit and veg.

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
Shortly after we started weaning, we realised there my LO possibly had some food allergies. Weaning has been a nightmare and for months, my LO has pretty much just had fruit and veg as these were safe foods. We went to the dietician a couple of weeks ago, who made a few suggestions, ie Rice Krispies for breakfast as she can have rice and she absolutely loves them! She used to have a banana or nectarine for breakfast. I still want her eating fruit so I always offer it first, but she won't touch it. I left her with a banana for 10 minutes this morning and she wouldn't have it. As as soon as I brought the box of Rice Krispies out of the cupboard, she became all excited then ate loads. This is the same now for every meal, with whatever we offer her. How can I get her eating her fruit and veg again?

My lo started getting fussy refusing fruit and veg at around 10 months and only now at 14 months is very slowly getting back to having small amounts again. I just keep offering it but he rarely touches it.

Just keep offering, maybe try some different fruit and veg

Like someone else said, just keep offering it. Try new fruits you've never tried before. You may also find it helps to 'hide' veg in things, like pureed in pasta sauce (if you do wheat-free pasta) or in soups/stews, rather than just plain veg. But really, the most important thing is just to stick with it and keep offering it. She'll like it again eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->