Help & Support!!! Not Criticism..Im going to do it and U can do it with me if u want.

mummymia

Reaction score
Hey Sisters,

Im packing it in Smoking that is...I need help..(sisterly encouragement) not patches not inhalers, gums etc..I need moral support...Im going cold turkey & Im starting tomorrow morning.(Done it before & started again:wacko:)

Im not here for criticism & (No offence) I dont want anyone telling me about my bubbas health..dont want anyone to tell me Im unfit/dont care Ratata:thumbup:

So if anyones in the same boat and wants to quit you can join me Im going to be posting how Im getting on...Im a really bad quitter & my will power is 0 (in everything)..:dohh:

So ladies wish me luck Ive been a smoker since 14 quit in my 1st pregnancy and started again, :shrug: smoked throughout my second pregnancy and quuit in the last month of my 3rd for 8 months and started again:cry:

This time Its for good :winkwink: I really want to quit cant afford it and cant walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath...Ive been smoking between 3 & 5 a day throughout this pregnancy was 10 a day before I found out I was preggo...Im having my last one tonight and thats it Im done with Smoking..

So help and advice Not Criticism and would love for some ex smokers to give hint and tips how they fought through the cravings etc..

Thanks for reading if you got this far x x x x :flower::kiss::kiss:

i am not a smoker or an ex smoker so got no advice but good luck hun x x

Your doing it the best way. I quit cold turkey in jan. Before that I smoked 20 a day for over 10 years. If you have an iPhone there is an nhs app that helps you keep track of how many days you have been quit - I found it really helped to keep me going as I didn't want to reset it.

Hope you get lots of support on here. It'll be tough quitting with all the pregnancy hormones but so worth it!! Good luck!

Wishing you luck, not a smoker myself, but my friend quit cold turkey after smoking for 14 years (20 a day) he used the gum and the patches for a few days and then nothing, and he's been smoke free for 18 months and going strong!

best of luck

Good luck hun, not a smoker but didn't want to read and run. You can do it! :) x

I'm not a smoker either so I have no tips or tricks to pass along. But I wanted to wish you luck you sound like a strong woman so I'm sure you'll get through it. xx

Your doing it the best way. I quit cold turkey in jan. Before that I smoked 20 a day for over 10 years. If you have an iPhone there is an nhs app that helps you keep track of how many days you have been quit - I found it really helped to keep me going as I didn't want to reset it.

Hope you get lots of support on here. It'll be tough quitting with all the pregnancy hormones but so worth it!! Good luck!

Thanks for all your encouragement everyone

Readytotry :thumbup: Good for you & Well done I know how hard it is..Im downoading the app now as I type.. How did you overcome cravings etc..what about when stress kicked in or when you was bored & after meals <<They are my worst ones. Im 26 next week so been smoking for 12 years..

Really hope I stick to this got my everything crossed as DH is also fed up of me smoking. xx x

I'm not an ex smoker myself hun but just wanted to say good for you!! Wishing you the best of luck!! You can do it :)! X x x

Good luck! I used to smoke myself and gave up a few years ago so I know how hard it is. Wishing you the best - you won't regret it, I was shocked when I seen the price of ciggies the other day and it made me so happy I'd stopped before they got so expensive. xxx

I used to smoke until I became pregnant with DD1 and then I quit. After she was born I went on a mummy's night out, drank far too much wine and decided to go and buy a pack of fags. Smoked half a cigarette and then threw up all over the place in a pub garden. Best thing that could ever have happened (although I was mortified at the time) as I've not smoked at all since! Good luck hun
X

Good luck! I used to smoke myself and gave up a few years ago so I know how hard it is. Wishing you the best - you won't regret it, I was shocked when I seen the price of ciggies the other day and it made me so happy I'd stopped before they got so expensive. xxx

£3.40 for a box of 10 of the ones I smoke..D:nope::dohh:

Thanks Bungle

How did you overcome your cravings???? Did u quit cold turkey??

Good luck. I'm an ex smoker, gave up years ago. Absolutely hate it now and so glad I gave up.

I think the main thing for me was changing my routine. Like coffee breaks etc, I just did something different.

It isn't easy but YOU CAN DO IT :)

Good luck and I look forward to reading how it's going.

:thumbup: Thanks everyone

Well Here Goes Had my Last one just now...Got no more... so no excuses for a fresh clean start tomorrow..downloaded the nhs iphone app:thumbup:

And well no turning back now...

I know the mornings going to be hard as once Ive got the kids dressed and got the cleaning done im round the back having some me time...:dohh:...but I;ll be posting to let everyone know & show myself how Im battling through..

Going now to bin the ashtray, the empty box and the collection of lighters ive found, accidentally pinched from friends whilst social smoking and purchased.x x x :happydance::happydance:

I'm an ex-smoker and quit cold turkey when I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. Honestly, I went wacko because I quit caffeine too lol. It's hard but you can do it!

Good for you! Can I join you? Better late than never :) I want to breastfeed so badly, but obviously can't whilst smoking, been wanting to just quit cold turkey for a while now (did back at about 5months, but stupidly had one.. and well we both know one leads to another :( )

I found the best solution for me last time, and which I will be doing tomorrow also, is to constantly have the smell of bleach on my hands, because they taste 100x's worse when I've had my hands in bleachy water, so tomorrow morning I will be getting down and dirty for my date with the kitchen and living room floor :winkwink: Would be great to have someone to go through it with, as it's hard as hell to kick the disgusting habit.

Good luck hun, will be looking out for your update in the morning! Night x

Good on you : D quitting was the best thing I ever did. Did it cold turkey too, and it was difficult but having a good support system got me through it.

I loved smoking and never thought I'd give up. I'm lazy with no will power but knew it was the right thing to do. If I can then you definately can. Good luck to you!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->