Help & Support!!! Not Criticism..Im going to do it and U can do it with me if u want.

I know I dont belong here quite yet but I was a smoker have been since 13 i was a pack to a pack and a half a day smoker. i quit in january i used a nicotine free electronic cigarette it worked great! I have quit in the past using glasses of water when the urge came which worked well and also chewing on straws and stir sticks worked well too, oh and sucking on lolly pops was good too. I want to wish you all the best I know how hard it is :)

I used to smoke and quit cold turkey 7 years ago. I agree about changing you routine. If you usually have tea change to coffee. Arrange to go out duri g you usual me time etc. It really wa
the associations with my usual routine i found hardest. Good luck!

ive quit and started again quit and started again etc but was helped me quit at first was staying busy! also i find its more regulating ur breathing while smoking is the habit so i used to use a pen lid as a cig when i was stressed lol sounds crazy but regulating my breathing helped and i didnt want a smoke after.

anyway good luck and i hope u do well, im still smoking (2-3 a day) and like u atm my will power is 0 an stress level is 1000000000 so dont feel i could give it a shot atm BUT i will sooner rather than later.

stay strong and keep those hands busy!

i dont have advice except do what u r comfortable with good luck and congrats!

I smoked from the time I was 13 until the time I had my first at 22. It was very difficult to adjust to and what got me the most was the oral fixation of it. I missed that for a while but found lollipops and chewing on straws helpful...even if I did look silly :haha: I'm so glad to see the support your getting on here and kudos to you for putting your foot down on those who come on a thread like this just to bash it. I wish you all the best in quitting and hope it isn't too hard for you!! Congrats on the LO! :happydance:

Major good luck to you .... You can do it xxxxx

i've been a smoker for almost 4 years now (disgusting as im almost 17) but i QUIT !!!!

it was hard but i just stopped buying them and people stopped offering - and even though i moved back with my parents ( both smoke inside ) i have been able to stay smokeless!

just remind yourself how good it feels , since i quit i feel alot more alert and capable of physical activity! I DONT STRUGGLE CLIMBING STAIRS AS MUCH !! :D

Dont worry girl ! if i can do it you can too ! :hugs:

:hi: lovely ladies...

Firstly my apologies for the late update....Been quite busy this morning...

& Guess what I havent had a smoke :happydance::happydance:

Was up at 8 got dd1 ready, fed and off 2 school

Got dds 2 & 3 fed and ready..then did a bit of tidying up

9.45-9.50 (Usual Fag time) But I had a hospital appt so dashed out the house and literally just got back in now..(Good thing is I dont smoke when Im not at home)...So it hasnt really bothered me..YET!!

But now Ive got a dry mouth and Im craving like mad...:dohh: and I think due to craving Im getting heartburn...but going to have a drink of water and tackle this one...

DAY 1...15.00 no smoking so far ( well havent got any and im not tempted to get any either.) x x x

ive quit and started again quit and started again etc but was helped me quit at first was staying busy! also i find its more regulating ur breathing while smoking is the habit so i used to use a pen lid as a cig when i was stressed lol sounds crazy but regulating my breathing helped and i didnt want a smoke after.

anyway good luck and i hope u do well, im still smoking (2-3 a day) and like u atm my will power is 0 an stress level is 1000000000 so dont feel i could give it a shot atm BUT i will sooner rather than later.

stay strong and keep those hands busy!

Ive done this quitting & starting many times hun so not to worry & good luck for when you are ready to quit. Wish u all the best x x x

Good for you! Can I join you? Better late than never :) I want to breastfeed so badly, but obviously can't whilst smoking, been wanting to just quit cold turkey for a while now (did back at about 5months, but stupidly had one.. and well we both know one leads to another :( )

I found the best solution for me last time, and which I will be doing tomorrow also, is to constantly have the smell of bleach on my hands, because they taste 100x's worse when I've had my hands in bleachy water, so tomorrow morning I will be getting down and dirty for my date with the kitchen and living room floor :winkwink: Would be great to have someone to go through it with, as it's hard as hell to kick the disgusting habit.

Good luck hun, will be looking out for your update in the morning! Night x

Hi hunny Im so so sorry for the late reply but been busy and didnt get chance to come on B&B I would love for you to join me and if you havent had one so far today..Well done & if you have not to worry and u can join me as soon as you are ready...Come on girl we will get through this together....:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Congratulations on your first day smokefree.

Sorry to reply so late. I don't think there is really anything you cam do to get through the cravings. Just grit your teeth and keep reminding yourself that you don't smoke. I guess keeping busy helps but IMO it is more about your mindset. Just get in the mindset that you don't smoke and even having one is unacceptable. I had many attempts before I finally quit and each time I went back I made some stupid excuse as to why it was ok.

Stay strong, I've not smoked for 310 days now (according to my nhs app) and I consider myself a nonsmoker. It just gets easier, I promise.

good luck ladies, as an ex smoker i know you can do it

but only if your really really want to... you have to give up for you, not anyone else or it will not work......

it is hard but it is so worth it, the smell of smoke now makes me gag and i cannot stand it

good luck ladies, as an ex smoker i know you can do it

but only if your really really want to... you have to give up for you, not anyone else or it will not work......

it is hard but it is so worth it, the smell of smoke now makes me gag and i cannot stand it

Yep u r so right and I can happily admit that Im quitting for me, me and me....now that probably sounds a bit selfish seeing as Im 34 weels preggo..but reality is if I was gonna quit for :baby: I would have done so along time ago.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement guys...I really appreciate it...& everytime my naughty brain is saying shall i get a box and shall I have just one:blush::blush:.....my other sensible brains saying "Mummymia how on earth will you face your sisters on B&B??????

Just waiting for DD1 to come home from school so I can occupy myself cooking and cleaning,,

x x x

i found about 3-4pm i took a headache for about 2 weeks so it may be best you make sure to have some paracetamol handy....

also sugarfree mints were a lifesaver......

wish you the best of luck hun

:growlmad: Arghhh this is really startin to take its toll now :hissy:

Im sat here watching RAA RAA the noisy lion (whilst most of the neighbourhood listen to it) DD3 loves the song so vol is on 100 at the moment.:dohh:

OH and DD1 have gone out and DD2 & DD3 are both having tantrums as they both want the same toy...I could really just run into the back right now..& if I had any I probably would:cry:

But on a positive note I havent got any and theres no :nope:way on earth Im walking to the shop with two screaming children:haha:

:growlmad: Arghhh this is really startin to take its toll now :hissy:

Im sat here watching RAA RAA the noisy lion (whilst most of the neighbourhood listen to it) DD3 loves the song so vol is on 100 at the moment.:dohh:

OH and DD1 have gone out and DD2 & DD3 are both having tantrums as they both want the same toy...I could really just run into the back right now..& if I had any I probably would:cry:

But on a positive note I havent got any and theres no :nope:way on earth Im walking to the shop with two screaming children:haha:

You can do it! It sounds stupid but when I wanted to smoke I used to smell something really clean, like perfume for example, and think I'd rather smell like that than like smoke. Also chew chewing gum so you know your breath smeels really fresh and you dont want to ruin it. I got a nice shampoo too and would smell my hair or smell the soap powder on my clothes. All of these things helped to put me off smoking.

I do know how hard it is though as its soooo easy to think, "i'll just have one" but you would feel so guilty if you did. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->