Help with a HPT! Negative turned positive???

co_fostermom

Expecting Baby #2
Reaction score
So here's the deal:

I took a hpt yesterday and walked away before five minutes was up...maybe even before three minutes was up. But I took it out of the casing pretty quick. I left and wasn't home for several hours and then came home to a very pink, solid and positive test.

I realize that you're not supposed to look at the test after the time frame. I've had many evaps. The second picture shows the difference between what are actually evaps and this last test. The test on the top is the one in question. The line looks gray in the picture but it actually is very pink and has now lasted over 24 hours.

What do you think? Should I trust it or toss it?

Thanks for your help ladies!

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 28
I guess I should say the test on the left in the second picture is the test in question. The pictures posted differently than they are on my computer.

I wouldn't trust it, you're right they say don't look at the results after that time frame. How many DPO did you test? You could try testing again if it was early.

Fingers crossed for a BFP though! x

That was 13 dpo I think. I missed a day of charting before my bbt elevated.

I would retest. I mean, it's definitely pink and the others don't have the same line, so chances are it could easily be positive, but for peace of mind I would test and look within the timeframe

Okay...thanks for the advice ladies. I retested today and got a stark white negative. The other tests all had evaps (5 in a row, including one blue dye generic brand). This is the first to be stark white. I can't even tell if there's an indent (which I know there is on FRERs).

So, I'm planning on buying different tests today and trying again tomorrow because I have never, ever, had such a strong evap line in my life and I've been ttc-ing for 6+ years.

And I'm completely writing off FRER as a brand. They are awful.

AF is due today...no sign of her, just extra cm. I try not to put much stock into how I feel because I've had all of the pregnancy symptoms in the past and have never been pregnant (I think I might have had an early miscarriage once years ago, but to that there's no way of confirming it). BUT, for the first time ever I've had major aversion to smells and have been nauseas since last Wednesday. Who knows.

SO....I took a CB +- today and I swear I see a super faint line. I screwed up the test and initially didn't get enough fluid on it so I tried again later with the same test and a super super faint line came up right away. Unfortunately it's too faint for a camera to pick up. I really wonder if I had used FMU and gotten the test right to begin with if it would have been a stronger positive?

Or maybe I just have line eye. Will be testing again tomorrow in the AM with the new tests.

Good luck with tomorrow's test. I hope that you get your BFP soon :flower:

So I've now had two other blue dye +- tests come up with faint positives in the time frame. Today's was darker - and I seem to have better (read: positive) results with SMU verses FMU. I'm concerned that the tests are still so faint though. But it's convincing enough that I'm hanging out on the first tri board...a bit in disbelief!

I saw your tests and they look positive to me! How many dpo are you? And are they a different sensitivity to FRER? Could've been those FRERs were positive after all?

I’m 20dpo today...I think. Temps still high, still have same strange symptoms. Still nervous though.

Temps still high at 20dpo is a good sign, how about asking for a beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->