Help with childcare costs in UK

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Hi girls

Any of you got any advice on help with childcare costs? I know I have the option to apply & its up to 80% help with costs but I was wondering the following:

• Is a lenghty process (the application and decision)?
  • What do I need to provide?
  • Can I apply & not send her into nursery until they actually agree on my help entitlement & set up payments? I can't afford it any other way!
  • Do any single Mummys get the full 80% help? If so what hours do you work?
  • Does your nursery get paid weekly or monthly?
  • Does the childcare help get paid weekly or monthly?

I'm hoping to get Caitlin in to nursery asap

x

Yer through them - is it still classed as tax credits then?

Yes I got it
If you are already on them your childcare can be sorted over the phone and normally your payments will start within a week.
You will have to get your childcare Reg no.
I got the full 80% even though I was only claiming for part time care
I dont think you can claim before she goes to care because you have to give the date she started.
Anything else you need to know just ask I have been through it all !!!!

Oh and I think you can choose how often you get paid I got paid weekly but then changed it to monthly

So I could have her start date in advance and it would start on time do you think? If I say applied on the 20th but she didn't start to the 30th (example).

Also do you have to send in receipts every week or do they get that info from them?

:D x

I asked them about this as we started getting tax credits a month ago and Seth starts nursery in November. They said I had to ring them WHEN he started and they'd calculate payments and Id get it backdated. They told me I couldn't give them the date and amount in advance.

They never said anything about receipts to me but I couldn't be sure hun. I think they just go off what you tell them.

xxx

Bloody hell Im joining the dole queue ....honestly its pathetic!

So I think they just go on your word, they know you cant lie cause its still all inland revenue.

https://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

try this ^^^^

heres about the form:

https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/how-to-claim.htm

:lol: Ill have a looksie when Im more awake - i might ring and even see if they can give me a roughy guide.

We applied for tax credits 3 months ago & they still haven't sorted anything out, *******s!! :grr:

i think it took them about 6wks for them to sort mine out when nicole started at a nursey. that may have been cos i came of benefits and started working?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->