Help with O day please?

tobemum

Reaction score
I have 2 apps and they are giving me different days for ovulation so just wanted to see what you all thought.

My last period started 30th July and I have a standard 28day cycle. One app is saying Friday 12th is O day and the other saying Saturday 13th?

Also, the closest dh and I can dtd is Wednesday night on the 10th. Should my chances still be ok?

Sometimes those ovulation apps are not very accurate....for eg, those app estimated I ovulate around day 14, but when I started using ovulation kit, I found out I ovulate earlier, around day 10-12.
If you can, it's better to get an ovulation kit.
If you ovulate on 12th, then bd on day 10 should be ok, since it's 2 days before ovulation, and sperm can survive on average 2-3 days...
Good luck and baby dust! :hugs:
I have 2 apps and they are giving me different days for ovulation so just wanted to see what you all thought.

My last period started 30th July and I have a standard 28day cycle. One app is saying Friday 12th is O day and the other saying Saturday 13th?

Also, the closest dh and I can dtd is Wednesday night on the 10th. Should my chances still be ok?

Like Rawan said, those apps that only take into account when your cycle started and the average length are not very accurate. They make that estimate based on the average luteal phase being 14 days.

However your cycles may vary in length and your LP could be anywhere from 9 or 10 to 16 or 17 days long.

You can use those apps, but they might not be hugely accurate and they don't confirm you actually ovulated.

If you BD every other day that you can (when your partner is home) you are covering your bases. You could try OPKs or checking your cervical mucus or position or temping if you want more certainty. But the only way to confirm ovulation is temping or a blood test or ultrasound.

At what point in your cycle do you start using opk's? I am day 8 today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->