Help with OPK test. Does half a dark line count as a positive?!

Pinkflower27

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first month of using opk sticks ( I went for the cheapie Internet ones just to get me started'. I begun testing really early in my cycle just to get to know what it's all about. I had my coil taken out in April and up until now my periods range between 36(longest) and 32 (shortest) days but each month seem to be getting shorter.

I started using my opk sticks on cd5 using second morning wee at about 10am. Each time I got a very faint second line = neg. Getting closer to my 'o' i decided to test twice a day once at 10 am and another at 2pm. Leading up to cd 12 I got darker but still neg lines. Then on cd12 2pm I got a very thin but same colour line that matched the control. Vertically down the left hand side and the rest fainter. I've been testing every day, sometimes up to 3 time a day and I still haven't got anywhere near close to a positive or even that thin dark line i got on cd12. Does this mean I could of ovulated and missed my surge? Dh and I dtd anyway just to make sure but seeing all these faint test is making me feel so confused after seeing that dark line. I also seem to always get darker (still faint) lines in the morning so that 2pm test did seem to stand out. The only signs I've really got of ovulation is tender breast and some cm.

If anyone has any advice or real stories that can shine some light on if a thin dark line can count as a +ive I'd be so grateful. I was hoping my test would of got darker by now not light.

Thankyou and sorry this post is so long! Oops x

my tests are always sligtly darker on one side of the line than the other, not sure why! but even at its darkest it was still darker on one side x

also I tend to test at 2pm and 6/8 pm also, i find it gives me a clearer result, might be worth trying x

Thankyou for your reply, this makes me feel hopeful! I'll carry on testing and see if anything changes but for the last 2 days I've not gotten even a thin dark line just an all round faint second line. So maybe that was it? Xx

Sounds like it could be... But I would keep testing for another few days/a week in case. If you don't catch this time around I would think about temping next month, I can't offer you any advice as I don't temp but I know it helps a lot of people! You generally O 14 days before your period starts so maybe when AF arrives it will easier to work out if that was your O!

Thankyou Bonnie11 for your reply. I never realised how confusing and stressful opk's could be. I feel like they're sending me crazy lol. Today I tested at 10 am and 3pm, trying not to dilute the result too much and both are easy enough to see but not as dark as my little thin line i got from a few days back. Although in the last few days I've had tender breast and also today I've been getting about of cm! ! Not ewcm but more thick? Sorry if tmi. So maybe I'm going to O in the next few days? Either way I'll carry on testing and hoping and dtd every 2-3 days xx

i know, so confusing!! good luck, fingers crossd for you xx

What CD are you on now? I would trust CM the most, so if you haven't gotten ewcm yet, don't get discouraged with OPKs. Keep DTD as often as you and your honey feel like it and try not to stress. Besides that, a lot of guys feel too much pressure to perform if it's "right now/time"

Hiya, I'm on cd 17 now. My periods have been getting shorter since having my coil removed in April so I'm guessing my cycles are now ranging from 30/32 to 34/36 days long. I have been testing in the evening around 5pm and I still haven't had as dark of a line from Cd 12. However for the past 2 days I've had tender breast and quite a lot of cm. cm started of thicker ( sorry if tmi) and now it's more watery I'd say. I haven't noticed much ewcm as in stretchy but I have definitely had a big increase in cm. Here's hoping I'm one of the ladies who don't get on with the opk's and I have infact O'ed. Even my test from today isn't as dark as the control line however im still getting lots of other physical symptoms. Sorry if I'm waffling 😂

I 100% agree with dtd every 2/3 days and still remembering to have fun and relax

Update, I saw what seemed like ewcm this morning and decided to do a opk test at half 9 and yippee I got my positive (cd18) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->