Help with Shopping! What essentials do I need for baby from 3-9 months?

expatttc

Growing with hope!
Reaction score
DH and I work overseas and have just gotten our new assignment -- another tropical country but still in a developing setting (we’re currently in Papua New Guinea), and I need help with making up a shopping list!!

I need to ‘stock up’ on what I will need for our baby from 3-9 months, as where we’re headed we can get basic baby supplies but the quality can be questionable and brand choices are limited.

I have a trip to Bangkok and Australia before our move, so I have a chance to pick up the essentials, or the good to have items, but don’t know where to begin!

I would love to hear your advice on what you can’t do without for what baby will need between 3 to 9 months, aside from the normal clothing and bedding. Particularly interested in what you think baby will need in summer months!

Things that I am thinking of:
1 - Rosa will be starting solids -- what’s essential for feeding (we’re ebf right now)?
2 - She already wants to sit up all the time -- what kind of seats are recommended?
3 - Toys?

We’ve already got:
-Ergo and baby bjorn carriers
-Sleep sacks
-Jolly jumper classic (the one that hangs in the doorway)
-Basic activity mat (but she’s already bored of laying underneath it)
-Bottles and medela manual pump for expressing milk
-Sun suit and suncream, swim diapers and life jacket

Thanks for any advice!!

Essentials depends on how you choose to feed/wean your LO really

If you plan on making the food yourself then it'll just be included in your weekly shop, maybe get a couple of ice cube trays in order to store and freeze foods or a few containers to do the same.

I would get bowl, spoons, weaning cups to add to that too

Toy wise we got Abigail a cheap jumperoo - it's a Bright stars activity centre we got this one:

https://www.kidsii.com/brightstarts/p-460-bounce-bounce-baby.aspx it really helped her bearing weight on her legs.

If she's starting to show interest in sitting up the cosy sit me up can be really good. One like this:

https://www.elc.co.uk/Blossom-Farm-Clover-Cow-Sit-Me-Up-Cosy/130438,default,pd.html

Other than that she just had a few lamaze toys with different activity attachments and feel to get used to texture and noise etc.

Even though you EBF I would maybe think of getting a couple of tubs of milk powder. Just in case something goes wrong then at least the formula you'd need you'd have a choice in make/brand. And maybe just stock up on clothing up to 12 months but really it depends on the kind of things and activities your baby likes doing

Good luck! :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"