Help with weaning!!

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I'm a bit stuck on weaning my 8 month old.
My first daughter went onto purees at 6 months and by 8 months she was on 3 meals a day and it was the little jars/pouches of baby food. I did this till she was 1 then she just had whatever we had to eat- worked perfectly!
My 2nd daughter does not like purees or eating from a spoon.
So I tried finger foods- but I actually dislike it as she gags quite a bit and I'm just worried that she won't be able to handle the pieces of food she's biting- so I don't give her much solids at all!
But she's almost 9 months now I need to do something! Also I'm breastfeeding and am quite ready for being separated from her longer than half an hour (that's been the max so far!!)
Any advice?

My daughter refused the spoon so ended up doing blw, what I did was attend a first aid course so I felt confident if choking happened and started with lots of soft food like banana, well cooked carrot etc. gradually she started eating more and dropped milk feeds quite quickly

I've not actually tried boiled carrot or banana yet! I've been pretty lazy just as she's not too enthusiastic and neither am I! I'll try that Tomo as I do want to get her onto to solids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->