Help!

Aimeewaymee

My 2 Precious Princesses
Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I was wondering if and what you have all started buying for your bumps? I haven't bought anything yet and having a mare about what pushchair/travel system to buy, what type of sleep aid will i buy due to only having a small 2 bed flat and the baby having to share a room with us to start off with. Do i get a moses? Could i use my travel cot l have with a sleep buddy to stop baby rolling? Do i get a Chicco next to me? A normal cot? There are so many different items you can get now! So much to think about.. and i would have already got these things when i was pregnant with my 2 DDs. I am being so laid back about everything this time lol. Too laid back i think but now i am starting to want to spend now that we have found out we are having a BOY this time! So excited, just a shame i cannot decorate a nursery etc but it will come in time.

P.S not sure if i have posted this in the right thread but will post the same thing in another section of the forum too.

Thank you. x

I'm very laid back with this one, not brought anything yet either! Will go and blitz it all when I'm about 30 weeks I think x

It's so difficult to know what to get, theres so many new items.
I'm wanting a travel system but i don't want one with 3 wheels... Being fussy i think.. :haha:
x

I havent bought squat. Mostly because I had a baby 10 months ago :oops: so dnt really need anything and wont buy until gender is confirmed although im guessing its likely a boy again so i wont really be buyin anything at all!

I haven't brought anything and not planning to until after my 20 weeks scan, want to know the gender before I start buying anything! Still got bags of time though, and will keep me busy when I'm off work and bored!

I haven't bought anything for this baby either, will probably start buying cute little clothes and stuff after my 20 week scan. Things like Moses basket, cot, buggy, car seat etc I have in storage from my son so I don't really have any big purchases to make.
By the way, I had a three wheeler and I really liked it. It was so so easy to steer (compared to the mamas and papas sola with 4 wheels which I had when he was really little) and more compact when folded.

Oh and in answer to your original questions, me and dh were in a one-bed flat when my son was born until he was 2 so shared with him, I had a Moses basket because my sister gave it to me after her babies but if I hadn't been given one I probably wouldn't buy one. They are so cute but there's no reason baby can't just go straight into a cot and save you £50+ on the Moses and bedding. The only advantage of them is you can move baby from room to room while they're sleeping (actually, you're not meant to do this haha...but I always did but just carried the Moses very close to the floor so if the handles did break he'd just bump down a little bit). Other than that they're a bit pointless if you're on a budget/short on room.

I got my cot from ikea and it was great, my son stayed in it till he was 2 because as well as dropping the base once baby can sit up, you can also take the sides off completely so it basically becomes a little bed. So cheap from ikea too and the mattress was cheap but lovely. I actually pulled the mattress out the other day to see if it'll still be good for baby #2 and it's totally fine!

I've started, more so since finding out we were having a boy. I didn't need any big items other than a double pram which I now have, everything else is bits and pieces.

Personally I wouldn't use a travel cot for everyday sleeping, I think a proper cot is a much better option. kinder valley do a good (cheap) space saving cot which looks great if you're short on space!

We've gone for an oyster 2 travel system, a cozee by tutti bambini (next to me crib but personally I think looks nicer than the chicco next to me) and nothing else yet!

I started around 10 weeks with DS3. It was only the basics such as nappies, wipes, creams etc. Bigger bits as I got further along. For him I had everything come 32 weeks.

This one I haven't yet - except for a couple of sets of custom sheets I have on order for this little Miss. I have to get more bottles, a baby wrap because I don't want a double buggy, another cot, capsule, quilt, bumper, skirt (all of which I have to have custom made because I can't buy what I want). I have a few clothes and a heap more to pick up on Monday. This whole year has just been harder than we'd ever hoped it to be so we have a small Christmas so we are ready to go when Kairi is born end of Jan. Getting ready for her is going to be down to the wire. I hate not being in control. And just to add insult to injury, DS3 is going in with his 2 older brothers so I also have new bunks to buy so he fits in their room. :cry: I'm hoping things start to get better soon.

I've started buying more since we found out we are having a boy. We have decided on all the big stuff just not bought it yet but we have a swing, bath, change mat a dloads of clothes and cloth nappies.

Personally I wouldn't put a baby in a travel cot as an everyday sleeping solution I'd rather get a space saving cot or crib. We are getting the tutti bambini co sleeper for this little man as space in our bedroom is tight. Once he's in his nursery he'll have a cot.

X-ginge-X - I hope you have a nice surprise from the sonographer! We had 2 girls so this time it's nice to be having a little boy but because of being in a flat I hate hoarding things so got rid of pretty much everything.

Talia12 - I literally got rid of everything because of being in such a small flat, I did keep a couple of bags of baby girls clothing and a bag of neutral too and we did have a for but because our stuff was just stuffed into our shed by other half as I don't like going in there because of spiders, when we last did a tip run to empty it we noticed that the headboard of the cot was snapped so we binned it too so all we have is a mattress and I went to morrisons yesterday and started stocking up on nappies and wet wipes. My auntie has 2 bags of baby boy clothes in her garage which I'll pick up today so me and the girls can go through them together. They are so excited to be having a little brother even though my eldest wanted another sister to start off with. I really want a cossato, but I don't know just 3 wheels look weird to me lol. Saying that about the cot though I think my in laws said their cot is Ikea which they will let us have to replace our broken one.

Blake12336 - that's what I was wanting a next to me bed or something. Isn't there sleeping aids you can get to go inside of them with baby? I know it's only been 3 years since I've had a new born but I feel like a new mum all over again lol.

Wackymumof2 - Tell me about it I am dreading the Christmas this year lol we are doing 1 big present each and then a few little ones. Not going mad as we have a holiday beginning of September too at Butlins which is going to cost an arm and a leg. Trying to get so much overtime in before I go off on my maternity but trying not to over do it as I do care work and it's hard work some days. I really wanted to breast feed but I'm.not going to stress myself out about it as I wasn't successful with the girls so I need to get bottles etc.. I need everything! Lol

I've started buying more since we found out we are having a boy. We have decided on all the big stuff just not bought it yet but we have a swing, bath, change mat a dloads of clothes and cloth nappies.

Personally I wouldn't put a baby in a travel cot as an everyday sleeping solution I'd rather get a space saving cot or crib. We are getting the tutti bambini co sleeper for this little man as space in our bedroom is tight. Once he's in his nursery he'll have a cot.

Aww congrats on having a boy like us! :) So exciting for you all. I'm trying to get my partner more involved on the but it side of this this time as he let me just get on with it but I bet he wish he never as he ended up pushing around a pink pushchair haha. I keep asking him to have a look for a travel system that he may like so we can decide together. Seems like those tutti bambini's are quite popular. I'll have to take a look and show partner as I've only been concentrating on the chicco next to me cribs. X

We've gone for an oyster 2 travel system, a cozee by tutti bambini (next to me crib but personally I think looks nicer than the chicco next to me) and nothing else yet!

Completely off topic but is the oyster 2 good, been eyeing this up ever since I decided to buy a new travel system as old one is way too bulky. Just wondering from someone who's seen and handled it in person?

I had the baby jogger city mini from when my son was about 1 until he grew out of it, it's a three wheeler and it's super popular. I see people using it EVERYWHERE haha. I did really like it BUT I don't want to use it for the new baby because it's forward facing only and I liked being able to look down at my son when he was a baby (the sola is forward or rear facing reversible). My husband is already mad at me for saying I'm getting a whole new buggy when this one only got used for a year and a half, but I just don't like the idea that I'll be out walking and baby won't be able to see me! Although my sister used forward facing from birth with my nephew and he's not too traumatised haha :haha: But just for me personally. I remember serious buggy screaming when my son was a baby and think it's easier to calm baby down if they can see you.

I've found a travel system in Argos that's £170 for the forward facing buggy plus car seat which fits in to face back, I think that's a really good price (it's joie nuva). So I'll just order it without my husbands blessing haha. But I'm not going to get any big purchases till probably 25-30 weeks onwards. You still have heaps of time!

I wish I could buy more stuff earlier on, but I just don't have the space to store it. Baby is going to need their own chest of drawers in my son's room as we can't spare any drawer space for clothes, so frustratingly I feel I can't buy much until we have that!

Christmas will sure be tight! For all us January mummies I think! But for the best reason ever :D <3

By the way I totally hear you about the spiders! When we moved into our flat and had our first ever garden, my husband put up a clothes line and thought I'd be so happy. I used it once, when I went out to bring the clothes in there were two spiders in them and I have NEVER used the clothes line again! :rofl:

Pram wise we are going to get the silvercross wayfarer. It's pricey but the only pram me and OH both like :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->