Help?

Gem25

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of losing my other half :-( I keep snapping at him for the most stupid reason's! I really don't know why i do it because after i feel really bad for doing it. Sometimes though he doesn't help by going on about going to the gym an how he can't wait to tone up etc etc just silly incensative things that he say's really wind me up but he doesn't realise or even see that he does anything wrong. It's hard being a mum an i'm finding it tough and really realising just how selfish i was before our little boy.

Did or is anyone else like this snapping all the time? Anyone know what i can do to stop stressing an just relax as i have things very good an i'm losing it very quick :-(

:hugs: I used to snap all the time hun. Having a young baby and lack of sleep will make the mildest of person snappy and moody. I used to snap over the silliest things and OH didn't understand. Try sitting down and explaining that you don't mean it hun and it's just the stresses if having a new baby etc xx

Well you know you actually have it good and presumably OH is supportive and helpful and stuff? Try to think twice before saying anything maybe. Give yourself time to calm down and decide if it was that bad or not.

BTW, I can't wait to tone up and lose weight either. Nothing wrong with personal goals/time/etc.

What annoys you about him talking about the gym? Maybe talk to health visitor and see what she says. It is hard for the first few months being a mum. Babies are very demanding. I need to keep looking at my 6yr old son and reminding myself that I have done this before, I can do it again! I have snapped a few times at hubby, but if you realise you are doing it and its for silly reasons...which it does sound to be, then apologise to him for it. Talk to him about how you feel hun. He may surprise you and be supportive.

Maybe cook him a nice dinner or something and explain how you feel. Say that you know you have been a bit snappy and irritable and that you don't really mean it, it's just that you have been tired and stressed out. Having a new baby puts an enormous strain on any relationship and I am sure that it would take more than a few snappy comments for him to leave you.

Also, hopefully if he realises that you have been stressed out, he may be able to do a bit more to help you relax. Good luck. x

Maybe cook him a nice dinner or something and explain how you feel. Say that you know you have been a bit snappy and irritable and that you don't really mean it, it's just that you have been tired and stressed out. Having a new baby puts an enormous strain on any relationship and I am sure that it would take more than a few snappy comments for him to leave you.

Also, hopefully if he realises that you have been stressed out, he may be able to do a bit more to help you relax. Good luck. x

Everything she just said^^^!
:hugs: I know it is hard.

Thanks ladies x

I don't have a problem with him going to the gym i think it's more of a fact that he can just get up an do what he wants when he wants. I'm not moaning about being a mum because i love my little boy so much it's just my other half can be so incensative like the other day he was tired so he went for an afternoon nap!!!! Think as well he went back to reality were as mine has changed forever an he thinks that i can just go back to being fun loving Gem again but i have a thousand an one thinks to do oh an sleep as much when i can. I really need to speak to him about it all but somehow it's my fault were as i don't see it as being a fault just life is different now and while i'm having sleepless nights then it is going to be tough.

Wow i feel better for just saying that even though i was typing it! LOL

I really think saying exactly what you just wrote to him would help. :hugs:

I really think saying exactly what you just wrote to him would help. :hugs:

Agreed! Sooo many relationships break down because of a lack of communication. It is so necessary to a healthy partnership.

It will get better hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"