Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by awefulfeeling, Apr 4, 2011.
It there any thing you can do for this!!!??? omg it is annoying and painful =nope:
Have you experienced hemoroids before? Essentially they are engorged vericose veins and if left untreated they will not only be inside, but they'll pop out.
- Fiber (ofcourse), lots and lots of raisin bran, both the bran and the raisins help. Avoid refined carbs like white bread.
- Eat lots of fruit, especially prunes, grapes, and figs.
- Avoid bananas, they constipate.
- Over the counter creams etc are ok for outer temporary relief, but supposatories work best.
- Tucks are your friend, very soothing and cooling.
- prescription supposatories, ask your doctor they work a miracle.
- avoid spicy foods, these irritate the bowel.
- sit in warm baths, this really softens the hemaroid.
- try not to sleep on your back, it interferes with good circulation.
- don't stand for long periods of time, it lets blood pool in your lower extremeties.
- exercise regularly, simple daily walks are sufficient to keep your intestines working well.
- drink lots of water.
I have to constantly be aware of these practices. I suffered with hemaroids a lot when I was younger, constantly! Now I'm doing such a good job at all the above that I haven't had an occurence yet and I'm 7 months preggo!
UGH I know what you mean they hurt like HELL!!! So use metimucil if you need to, my dr suggests every day but it give me the runs terrible and I can't handle it it hurts them even worse!! I agree with everything the lady above has said, prep. H can be your best friend!! good luck!
TMI- when I was preggers with my DS I had onbe the size of a large grape. Dr gave me a suppository. Took a few days to shrink but worked WONDERS!! Ask your Dr. I feel your pain, mama! Good luck!! :0)
Thank you so much for the tips... I have experienced it before but only once and it went away in a week... it was right after a bowel and being constipated.. I've tried using hem.rrhoid cream and pushing them in thinking I'd put them back where they came from... only made them hurt more =(
hey hun i have had it for a few weeks went to my gp and was told that some women can get them through the hole pregnancy.. x
I feel with you. I've been having haemorroids on and off for the longest time ever. And now that I'm preggy, I have bleeding too when I'm constipated. Really sucky. Going to a specialist on Thurs to get some treatment, because I don't think I can take the pain and discomfort.