• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Here is a place to VENT! No negative comments please.

Oh yeah lisa hon hes just asserting his authority but he is pissing nearly every member of staff off and its his attitude as well and just his manner and tone when he is speaking with you or barking orders....He has issues with you taking a break and everyday for the last week has cut short lunch time (which might I add we are not paid for!) to hold one of his riddick meetings with no outcome what so ever! Our `big` boss is aware and we are having a further discussion tomorrow to discuss our PERSONALITY ISSUES! Not that we have these because its not a two-way thing it is everybody complaining about him but I will give it a go cause then no one can say I didnt try some sort of mediation with him but he talks out of his arse and so I think I will just end up backing down for some peace and so I can get on with my job which isnt really solving anything!

When I had this problem at a job... the staff HATED me... the problem was that upper management kept telling me I was doing everything exactly like they wanted, keep it up etc... meanwhile all the other supervisors were undermining me. I think management set me up to be the fall guy.
But I will say that there were 1 or 2 employees who tried to meet me halfway and I was a LOT nicer to them!

I have never had any sort of issue with this guy at all hon and I simply want to get on with my job which my `big` boss tells me I am good at but in my managers eyes I can do no right (am not the only member of staff who feels like this!) He is a liar too b/c he denies absolutely everything even if his actions are witnessed and b/c`big` boss is also his friend I think he thinks he can get away with anything so to speak! I am a really hard worker and dont need to be shouted and yelled at to do anything I will do it without such hassle but I dont think he is going to get the best out of his staff b/c people are starting to go about duties half heartedly now!

Yeah, our CEO's attitude has had such bad effect on morale I can't believe he doesn't see how he's his own worst enemy.

GL with your job situation (Both of you!)

Thank you hon :hugs:

Will see what transpires from the meeting today :growlmad:

I had a meeting yesterday morning with the almighty overlord (otherwise known as Roger Ramjet or several other phrases that i'm sure would be bleeped out) - and it went quite well.

Don't get me wrong - I still think he is an almight bully, twat, *have stopped self from continuing and smiled for 3 seconds*
He almost made me quit on Friday I was that pissed off - I didn't because:
a) I love my team, they are fantastic and a great group who need my support
b) I will not let the b@stard win
c) Maternity benefits are great

During the meeting yesterday I was very calm, and very organised. (I was also very very angry, which for me translates to being very very eloquent!).
I raised my concerns with him - essentially he'd sent me a stupid shitty email which was total bollocks, but I think it was the way I raised it that made it work for me. Just in case this will help anyone else - here's what I did!

I told him I needed to discuss something with him that was essential, but that I found very difficult to bring up.
I then told him that I FELT very upset and distressed by the email sent on Friday. I knew it was sent late at night, and gave him some leeway for that. I felt unvalued and unappreciated as an individual and on behalf of the team.
I said that I knew why this problem had arisen and that I'd identified a couple of small changes WE could make that would ensure this didn't happen again. (Total bollocks, but gives him an escape route that doesn't leave me feeling like shit)

Hints:
If you tell them I FEEL - they can't dispute it with logic - well they can, but you can reply with 'but that's still the way I FEEL'. If you tell them YOU MADE ME FEEL they can. Works every time - even with husbands!

Give them something small so they don't feel like they've been completely shown wrong. E.G. I apologised for my word choice in a previous email - but explained why I had chosen that word. (i.e. I apologised but didn't back away from my standpoint).

So he's still an obnoxious turd, but I got an apology (well sort of one) and I no longer feel like quitting is my only option right now. Although I am looking for other alternatives!

:)

I'm so glad I don't work anymore. I quit because of one of my bosses!

Way to go hon :yipee: i tried the you have made me feel tact yesterday big boss apologised but my manager stil reckons i had no need to feel lik i did and he didnt do owt wrong so not even half an apology yet wil see wat the meeting today brings!

Hmmmm Madly that's progress I suppose.
I did actually go on to explain about perception and what behaviours influence what motives and beliefs are perceived. (I get REALLY eloquent when I'm angry)
It also helps that I'm a boffin, so I rely on evidence, facts and data to support my argument.
I also find it helps to say 'this might seem silly to you, but this is the reason I perceived you to be a complete sh&t' (I'd recommend NOT using the phrase complete sh&t though)
e.g.
'When you answered NO immediately to my request, the lack of any delay before you answered was the main problem - not the answer itself. By answering too quickly I perceive that you don't consider the request/question to be worthy enough to warrant thought before answering.'
Then say how they could have given the same answer in a different way, but not p&ssed you off as much.

Only time will tell if this worked with the idiot, but he couldn't dispute it because I had done a root-cause analysis, and provided a solution.

ROFL I love winning :)

Oh,

And keep a log with dates, details and witnesses :) Evidence is a good thing!

I hate bosses........i used to work in a shop until my boss and area manager tried to sack me for taking cardboard!!

Seems the greedy b*st*rds dont just want your time, effort, energy and soul, but now they want the cardboard for themselves as well!!

Pathetic power mad !"£$%^&*

I hope your bosses get a kick up the backside and realise what wonderful ladies they have working for them and how lucky they are! x

Thank you hon :hugs:

We had a chat today just me and him which was very amicable AND I got an apology! He also told me that he was standing down as manager over my particular area of work and had discussed with our `big boss` He said all this quite choked up and with a tear in his eye! It seems he was very genuine and his whole behaviour was to do with the pressure and stress at managing two areas which all the staff had previously said was an impossible task! I felt incredibly horrible and told him I never wanted him to quit but simple except his behaviour was wrong, apologise and change! But it seems it is the best decision not just for him but for all of the team because this afternoon he has been so much like his old self before taking on the extra responsibilites! So the camp is happy right now and I feel so much better about going into work although I wont lie there has been a few tears today over our new project which opens tomorrow but all issues solved and I can rest happy for the big day tomorrow :yipee:

Yay Madly!!!!!! That is TERRIFIC!

Quick question ladies......
I need some expert advice:winkwink:. Well this morn my opk was a tad bit darker than yesterday's. In fact, I took it at 6 am and it showed up fairly nicely but not as dark as it should have been. At 4 am I took an opk and it is light in color. ARGH! IDK how to judge this really. I am so confused:wacko:. Guess I will keep on :sex: until I see no lines at all. What ya'll think?

sounds like a plan :) If you're up for it, lol!

some brands may not be sensitive enough.. so you'll get a darker line, but still not positive. As long as its considerably darker than your lines from before, there's a chance it was your surge.

Do you chart your temp? Then you'd know for sure.

Cheapies work best for me! :)
Is the colored part a dark green or light green? I've heard the dark green ones don't work as well as the light ones.

most tests have a colored part to them... OPKs are usually green and HPTs are usually blue...
if its a strip that you dip, it is the part you hold
If its one you pee on, it might peek through near the pee area.

If it doesn't have a colored part, then nevermind ;)

It has a colored part green sorry....it looks lime MAYBE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->