Here is a place to VENT! No negative comments please.

awaiting - you crack me up!! :) I have been tempted to try the trick where you let an opk touch an hpt (supposedly it can turn an hpt positive)... but I want that BFP to be real you know? lol.. Once I get mine, I'll experiment. Makes me think that girls who want to lie and say they are pregnant can get legitimate-looking postives though.

I have this pacifier I bought last October when the doctor told me I was pregnant (they mixed up my results but for 2 hours I ran around town thinkin I was pregnant). The pacifier says 'my dad rocks'. I've been waiting to give it to DH to announce pregnancy.

i love that Lisa. what a great way to tell the dad! i'm gonna consider something like that. you'll get your BFP soon. maybe we'll be bump buddies....unless you get there before me of course.

awaiting - you crack me up!! :) I have been tempted to try the trick where you let an opk touch an hpt (supposedly it can turn an hpt positive)... but I want that BFP to be real you know? lol.. Once I get mine, I'll experiment. Makes me think that girls who want to lie and say they are pregnant can get legitimate-looking postives though.

I have this pacifier I bought last October when the doctor told me I was pregnant (they mixed up my results but for 2 hours I ran around town thinkin I was pregnant). The pacifier says 'my dad rocks'. I've been waiting to give it to DH to announce pregnancy.

OMG.....mistaken BFP results?! WTF... i would have been a mess.. omg thatis terrible.. you poor poor thing!!!!

i was thinking the same thing....lawsuit!! that is so horrific...get your hopes up only to be let down. like i said though...we're gonna get our BFPs Lisa...soon =)

Yeah, in hindsight, I'm just grateful they did it to me early on when it didnt hurt as much as it would have now. They were super apologetic and rushed my blood test results, stayed late to give them to me, followed up and found out how it happened, formally reprimanded the person who did it, and held an all-staff meeting to discuss it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

I was leaving the store where I bought the pacifier when my cell phone rang to tell me that they mixed up the test results. Thats when I caved and started smoking again for a while.
My plan was to go to the local video game store and get a bag from them, hand my husband the bag and tell him I got him a video game (it was the only thing I could think of that would make sense for me to buy)

yeah! the suspicion of the unexpected gift would have to be well planned. good thinking.

That must suck. I am paining in my left side today like I slept wrong. Anybody can tell me anything? The day I had ewcm I had cramps down in my left side like period crams. But IDK if I slept wrong or if this could be related to post ovulation. HMMMM...

Since this is the thread to vent in, I have one vent.

One thing I hate is when someone who has kids try and lecture me against wanting to have kids. They say stupid stuff like: "if I had to do it all over again, I would have waited", but in the same breath they say something like: "My kids are everything to me". :growlmad:

They try and talk me out of wanting kids by telling me how disrespectful and disobedient kids can be, but their kids mean the world to them whether they are disrespectful or not.

This is like a rich person trying to talk a poor person out of wanting to be rich. The rich person would say stuff like: "being rich comes with so many problems, and you don't want those problems", but the rich person already has the riches and would never give them up, but it seems that they sit there and try to talk the poor person out of wanting to be rich in order to eliminate the competition for riches. :growlmad:

The way I see it, don't judge me and lecture me until you have walked in my shoes. They already have kids, so they don't know what it is like to not have kids and want kids.

These are women who started having kids when they were very young, so they probably never "wanted" kids, it just happened.

medicine - You are speaking my language baby!!
A while back, right around when I found out I wasn't ovulating, I posted on facebook about some stupid annoying thing at work (how I couldn't find my headphones or something). A friend with a new baby jumped in and said 'don't complain until you've been kept up all night with a baby with an ear infection' ..... seriously was like punching me in the stomach... I don't care how horrible aspects of parenthood can be, because I want it more than anything and even those complaining about it still rave half the time about how wonderful it is!

Since this is the thread to vent in, I have one vent.

One thing I hate is when someone who has kids try and lecture me against wanting to have kids. They say stupid stuff like: "if I had to do it all over again, I would have waited", but in the same breath they say something like: "My kids are everything to me". :growlmad:

They try and talk me out of wanting kids by telling me how disrespectful and disobedient kids can be, but their kids mean the world to them whether they are disrespectful or not.

This is like a rich person trying to talk a poor person out of wanting to be rich. The rich person would say stuff like: "being rich comes with so many problems, and you don't want those problems", but the rich person already has the riches and would never give them up, but it seems that they sit there and try to talk the poor person out of wanting to be rich in order to eliminate the competition for riches. :growlmad:

The way I see it, don't judge me and lecture me until you have walked in my shoes. They already have kids, so they don't know what it is like to not have kids and want kids.

These are women who started having kids when they were very young, so they probably never "wanted" kids, it just happened.

medicine - You are speaking my language baby!!
A while back, right around when I found out I wasn't ovulating, I posted on facebook about some stupid annoying thing at work (how I couldn't find my headphones or something). A friend with a new baby jumped in and said 'don't complain until you've been kept up all night with a baby with an ear infection' ..... seriously was like punching me in the stomach... I don't care how horrible aspects of parenthood can be, because I want it more than anything and even those complaining about it still rave half the time about how wonderful it is!

Yes. It makes me want to shout at them, because they don't see their own double talk when they tell you about how bad and hard it is having kids, but then they turn around, in the same breath, and say how wonderful it is and how they would never give it up for anything. :growlmad:

It seems there is no one to get advice from anymore, because they have not walked in my shoes, and they can only give advice from their own perspective, which is different from my perspective. :(

I know the feeling. It does hurt when people are so simple minded. Be happy you have kids and stop putting people like us down who don't have any. That is how it makes me feel when they say stupid stuff like that. I just feel so left out sometimes.

Vent:

I don't want to go to work today. Not for any particularly bad reason, just because I don't feel like it :)

i think it's just laziness :)plus it was a busy weekend so I don't feel rested at all!

I've got a stupid seminar to go to today and I REALLY don't want to. I'm hoping my doctor's appointmen makes me too late to check in and they are total jerks and won't let me check in late...

I would like to vent please... im writing this after crying my eyes out...
AF is due on the 26th for me.. i was just out with DH and all i could think about all day was about getting pregnant... i contemplated getting a test even though AF isnt due for another two days.. i walked around the mall and all i could see was bumps and buggys.. i was walking around the book store only to find a happy couple, a woman about 6 months, reading the what to expect series with her partner.. i was so upset. i felt like crying then thinking to myself am i going always be the one that ends up looking at other happy couples who have built their families. what was worse was i was getting all the AF symptoms at that time. very familiar cramps, back ache, never know what it is, but for me it only reminds me of AF making her way around. ive been trying for 6 months, i know this may sound very less in comparison to other women, but honestly 6 months seem like a year,i already got checked and the doc says im completely fine, DH has a child from before so we know hes ok too.. why isnt it happening then? I may seem like someone who is cribbing before AF arrives which may seem stupid, but i cant help feeling so emotional and broken when i feel the familiar pains..

DH dosent seem to understand , thats what pisses me off too.. he keeps saying that i cant get upset every month since its not doing us any favours. i get so mad at him for not understanding my situation and how i feel.. im not one of them women who join forums even but here i am out of sheer desperacy. i dont know what to feel anymore. i thought this would be our month,.. i guess ill know in two days time. :(

Good Luck hun and big :hug:. I hope you feel better soon and that you and DH can get on the same page. Sometimes men suck--literally. I know because I had to deal with it with DH. I sat him down and discussed my thoughts, fears, and concerns and since then, things has been pure bliss. It's tough. I was positive about this month too. I mean we :sex: daily for over a week but I don't feel a thing different about my body. I feel worse today than ever. It's like my PMA is gone. I feel like crying now. :cry:

babyhopes23 - Oh geez those days are the worst!! I remember how bad 6 months felt! It felt just as horrible as 11 months, and in some ways worse because the hope is just so intense.. .each month you get beaten down a bit more. I had the best hope this cycle, then lost ALL hope for a day or two but was shocked to get my BFP after 11 months (and I still feel like I have nothing to complain about to women who have been TTC for 2+ years). I really hope this offers some hope and doesn't feel like I'm rubbing my good fortune in! (and if you guys need me to shut up, I understand completely and won't be upset! I've had those days too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->