• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hernia

Jewls

Reaction score
Has anyone delt with a hernia in stomach in pregnancy.. I was at the hospital with a trapped hernia which was very scary luckily they managed to get it back in.. They have discussed about operating but would like to wait until baby is born which is another 2 months away... In the meantime i feel like I'm walking on egg shells and terrified it's going to happen again.

Hi Jewls, I have a paraumbilical hernia, I got it from carrying my daughter 7 years ago now, it didn't give me any trouble while pregnant with her apart from a funny shaped bump but with this one, I can't get any answers at all! Nobody seems to be able to give me any advice and I fail to see how the hernia will be unaffected during labour, how can I put all that strain on my body without it getting strangulated/causing issues I can't comprehend. The only advice I'm being given is that they won't fix it during pregnancy (no brainer really, they wouldn't fix it for the 7 years I wasn't pregnant ](*,)and I wouldn't let them touch me anyway) and to keep an eye on it, they just keep saying every hernia is different, and that's GP and midwife. Hope you get better advice than I have been getting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->