Herts & Essex - Short protocol

help - prednislone anyone had these and how long for also had them off there doctor ? also
have any of you had beta blood tests? if so what was the results and on what day? xx

Hi Lisa,

I am still taking predisoline and now winding off, i will take my last tablet on tuesday. Initially hard them from the clinic but it was too expensive, so I had my GP write me a prescription which is free when you pregnant. As for the beta, I had one a day before OTD an it was 98. How are you feeling so far?

thanks chichifab

their is so much conflicting advice and it scares me to be honest but im glad you have had it too

how far along was you when was allowed to get free prescriptions?

did you ever feel like af was coming after getting your bfp? im constently on knicker watch

apart from that i am really good thanks

how about you and bump? xx

help - prednislone anyone had these and how long for also had them off there doctor ? also
have any of you had beta blood tests? if so what was the results and on what day? xx

Hi Lisa,

I am still taking predisoline and now winding off, i will take my last tablet on tuesday. Initially hard them from the clinic but it was too expensive, so I had my GP write me a prescription which is free when you pregnant. As for the beta, I had one a day before OTD an it was 98. How are you feeling so far?

thanks chichifab

their is so much conflicting advice and it scares me to be honest but im glad you have had it too

did you ever feel like af was coming after getting your bfp? im constently on knicker watch

I'm very well thanks, I had my 12 weeks scan yesterday and it was lovely to see our LO.

I'm glad you are not having any sickness. As for the AF cramps, they are so normal, I had them on and off till I was about 7/8 weeks. Once you tell your GP about your pregnancy ( I told mine at 7 weeks), they will ask if you are on any meds and when you tell them it's an ivf pregnancy they will ask what drugs you on, how long for and if you need any. When given the prescription, just tick pregnant at the back and you will have your meds free.

Hi Lisa,

thanks chichifab

I'm very well thanks, I had my 12 weeks scan yesterday and it was lovely to see our LO.

I'm glad you are not having any sickness. As for the AF cramps, they are so normal, I had them on and off till I was about 7/8 weeks. Once you tell your GP about your pregnancy ( I told mine at 7 weeks), they will ask if you are on any meds and when you tell them it's an ivf pregnancy they will ask what drugs you on, how long for and if you need any. When given the prescription, just tick pregnant at the back and you will have your meds free.

aww chic well pleased for you :happydance:

when did you have your first scan ? how far along was you? what did you see aswell xx

Hi Lisa,

I had my first scan at 6 weeks as I was have bad AF pains which I paid for. Then I had another scan a 8 weeks. At 6 weeks, we saw a flickering hb then at 8 weeks it was a loud hb.
I bet you can't wait for yours, when are you having it?

Hi Lisa,

I had my first scan at 6 weeks as was have bad AF pains which I paid for. Then I had another scan a 8 weeks. At 6 weeks, we saw a flickering hb then at 8 weeks it was a loud hb.
I bet you can't wait for yours, when are you having it?

my scan is the 21 and yes I'm excited and scared at the same time
I kkeep thinking something is going to go wrong xx

hi ladys just thought i best update i miscarried at 5+3

i knew there was something wrong and found out i was going to miscarry on my birthday as my level had dropped so bad that they said that we will just have to wait for it to happen

x

Oh Lisa I'm so so sorry to hear this news! I can't begin to imagine how you feel, is it all over now? I hope it wasn't too physically painful, as I'm sure the mental pain is bad enough. You did not deserve to have this happen to you, how ru and DH feeling? You might not want to look to the future right now but I pray that you are able to have a restful Christmas, and concentrate on the new year when it comes. Thinking of you so much, x x x

thank you ladys very much well found out it was happening on monday ( my birthday ) no bleed or pain was told i just needed to wait for it to happen and yesterday eveing it happened the pain was terriable but has eased off now that all the big clots and stuff has passed ( sorry for the tmi )

it is hard but i am used to bad things happening tbh and yes we have been upset but we have got to look forward

i have been to the doctor and they are going to look into things for me make sure there isnt something else as i am scared to go back for my frosties as i dont know how i will deal with things if it was to go wrong and they may let me have an nhs cycle as its the fertility hospital that they are sending me too.. but then i may think diffrent aswell after christmas

i have a follow up with David over the phone next week as dont want to go up there for the follow up for half an hour

xx

Lisa i am so so sorry that you are going through this (((( big hugs))))

Take good care of yourself xx

No it wasn't tmi at all lisa! How ru today? I can understand you worrying about using the frozen embies, I hope David can give you some renewed hope though. X

thank you nell and ST im just so confused as where to go now what to do i am hoping for nhs treatment as i have alwats got lots of eggs apart from the 1 cycle but my lady still got preg so my eggs must be good they must be as every cycle has resulted in a bfp even myself witch makes me wonder if the frosties will stick with me if i went for them ??

but will see what David says I trust him and i like that he does it under us guidance aswell that makes me belive that he sees that he is in the right place b4 he puts the embies back.

in myself i am ok I have cried I have been mad blamed myself but i know i didnt do anything wrong i didnt even dring tea eat cheese lift anything didnt have sex I really didnt do anything wrong

xx

Hey Lisa, I'm glad the miscarriage seemed to be over quickly for you, there is nothing worse than knowing its happening but your body hanging on.
All I would suggest is to give yourself some time, for both your body and mind to get over it. See what David has to say and don't feel rushed into making a decision about what to do next, though I know its hard as you want something else to focus on, but you will want to have done everything you can to rule out things and be in the best position possible before giving it another go.
I don't know if Christmas coming up is a good thing or not. It helped as a bit of a distraction for me but don't be afraid to say if you need some me time rather than being plunged into the Christmas stuff.
Take care hunny x x big hugs x x x

Hi Lisa,

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: it's the worst feeling and I have been there. I know you have heard this so many times......but time is a healer. Look after you and hubby. And as everyone has said, think about the next step when you are ready. Take care of you and I will keep you in my prayers :kiss:

Hey Lisa, how are you bearing up? Hope things are settling down for you xx

Nell - how is little one? Do we get to see a pic? xxxxx

ST, Chichi - hope you are ok and have everything ready for christmas

CJ - are you still around hunny?

Just thought I would give a little update on where we are. We have been to two different local authority adoption info evenings. Both were very different - the first scared us silly about the process and made us think we could never do it but the second last week was much better. I guess different areas approach things differently. We have sent out formal expression of interest letters to both and have now heard from both of them to arrange initial assessment / home visits to talk to us.......scary stuff!!! One is in Jan and the other we havent arranged yet.

Its strange, I suddenly feel like such a newbie in this whole new process after being an unsuccessful old timer on here!! We are treating ourselves to another holiday in mexico in jan as at least now we can say that this really is going to be our last chance for a nice holiday just the two of us. This time next year we will, hopefully, be approved as adoptive parents and will either be matched with our new family or waiting for the right ones. I cant help thinking about how different things were this time last year in the run up to christmas when my world fell to bits after miraculously getting a natural bfp, only to lose it. How things change, how we have changed, how our journey has changed. Life is funny isnt it?

Oh fluffy!!!! I'm so happy for you :happydance: You were destined to be a mum. Im glad things are going well for you. Enjoy your holiday in mexico!! You will be going with LO next time around!! Hubby and I have also booked our last holiday for 2 for a while to Tenerife in jan.

I'm jealous of the booked holidays!
Fluffy- I'm so glad your in a happy place right now!
Merry Christmas to everyone I hope we are all mums in 2013, ALL of us!! :) :)
Much love x x x x

Fluffy :) what a lovely update from you, i am so happy your plans are ticking along nicely now - when you say family does that mean you may be matched with more than one child? Siblings?

Hope everyone had a good christmas and wishing us all a good 2013

lisa and kristy, i have been thinging of you both lots and hope your family and friends are giving you support and helping you through xx

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I pray we all have a blessed 2013!! Happy New Year!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->