Herts & Essex - Short protocol

Hi Everyone!

C&J - I hope all is well with you

Fluffy - How is pregnancy so far? Are you going to find out the gender at your 20 weeks scan?

Nell - How are you and your little girl? Has she settled yet?

ST - How are you and your little boy?

Lisa - How are you?

afm - Im good, just waiting for d-day!

I'm good, things going ok. Scan is in a couple of weeks on 3rd April. We are def finding out the sex but not telling anyone that we know. We kind of feel that we have had to struggle through so much of this journey on our own that we just want that little bit for ourselves. Is that mean. Not sure whether to keep it from here though as those reasons don't really apply to you lovely ladies as we have all supported each other through all the rubbish that we go through!

Hope everyone is doing ok x x x

Fluffy - we did just the same and kept it to ourselves too (although i did share it on here).

chichi- how are you feeling? Are you all ready?

Afm: I've been having a hard time as my beloved doggy has cancer, sadly it's inoperable. He has declined quite a lot since we found out 3 weeks ago, we won't see him suffer so when his pain can no longer be managed we will have to make that horribly hard decision. I am so upset my Layla will never really know him, our time as a finally complete little family has been too short. He is only six and otherwise so fit and healthy :(

Oh thats sad, sorry to hear that Nell. Its always a hard decision to make but you cant do anything else I guess. Will be thinking of you xx

Oh Nell, that is so sad! That's hurtful, but it's better he doesn't go through the pain. I am pretty much done in the shopping department. I will start thinking about the hospital bag in a couple of weeks.

Fuffy I know what you mean about not telling people the gender. We couldn't keep it a secret! My DH would have struggled, though we haven't told anyone his name.

Hope that everyone is doing ok.

Just dropped in to give you a little update...
19w6d.jpg :pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink:

Fluffy, yay to a baby girl :)

Does it seem a little more real now?

Its definitely starting to now. I still feel self conscious when some people know, it still feels like such a private thing to deal with after all the fertility treatment being something you feel so alone with. It feels quite invasive when people insist on talking about it. And when someone thought it a good idea to rub my tummy I nearly hit the roof on the inside but managed to stay calm on the outside and gently say, please don't touch me. They must have thought I was loopy!

Hi ladies, I havent been on here for what feels like ages. Although to me time is going so slow at the moment. I will be 11 weeks pregnant on thursday, feels like its taken forever to get this far! We have 12 week scan next wednesday (24th) and I also have an appointment with an obstetrician next week too. Im presuming its because of the fertility treatment and our previous losses. Did any of you ladies have to see one? x

Whoo hoo! So very pleased for you, congratulations! 11 weeks is great!
I never had any appointments with an obstetrician but then the ivf cycles never worked for me. Though I had had a miscarriage previously, that just meant I was referred to the early pregnancy assessment unit for early scans. Now I'm just with the midwife as any other pregnancy. I guess each area is different?

That's great that you are coming to the end of your first trimester!! I have had a miscarriage before and I never saw anyone else or have any early scans only one that I paid for. I have been seeing the midwife and saw no one else, life fluffy said, every area is different i guess. Good luck with your 12 week scan xx

C&J - Not long until your 12 week scan now, hope that you are tsill keeping ok.

Chichi - wow time is flying by, you're 31 weeks already. How are you feeling?

C&J - Not long until your 12 week scan now, hope that you are tsill keeping ok.

Chichi - wow time is flying by, you're 31 weeks already. How are you feeling?

Hey fluffy,

I feel like its dragging expecially now that I'm not working anymore. Third tri is hard but if I remember all the cycles and the injections, I feel this is nothing. You will be third tri soon!! How are you finding second tri??

I know what you mean. I feel like I have no right to complain about any pregnancy related issues seeing as we all took so long to get here :-(

Having real trouble with pelvic pain, having physio and need painkillers to sleep as its worse laying down, which is a bit crummy. I really wanted to be fit and active throughout pregnancy but had to give up running by 10 weeks, now cant walk far or stand for very long. Ive come up with my version of doggy breast paddle in the swimming pool using breast stroke arms and a very slight doggy paddle kick with the legs. I look like a right weirdo!!!! I am slightly worried how bad it will get as I still have 4 months to go?!?

When did you stop working? Im trying to figure out when to give up but have started to take some sick days due to the pelvic pain and will just see how it goes. Im sure it will all be worth it in the end though :)

Oh fluffy, you poor thing! I feel for you. My friend had pelvic pain during pregnancy and it wasn't fun. I pray you feel better soon and will be able to do most activities.

AFM, I haven't done much exercise at all. Which is a shame as I planned to do aqua aerobics in my third tri. I just get so tired and sometimes too lazy to do anything which is unlike me!!! Plus I don't get to sleep very well some nights. With regards to work, I had no choice as I was on a fixed term contract which ended end of march. So I stopped working at 29 weeks which in a way, wasn't too bad since I'm struggling with sleep.

When do you intend to go on maternity?

I'm not sure, was planning leaving at 37weeks but might bring it forward. Saying that though, if this gets worse ill just be on sick leave and then maternity leave kicks in automatically at 36wks.
Someone mentioned that those that have had ivf drugs are more susceptible to pelvic girdle pain. Have you heard that before? My friend said her consultant had sent her some research info on it and she was going to forward it to me.Don't know if it applies to me as this wasn't actually ivf but whether the drugs in your system affect the softening of ligaments I don't know. I seem to remember ST suffering quite bad too and being on crutches before she had Jackson.

Hi ladies,
11 weeks 5 days today, obstetrician this afternoon and then scan tomorrow morning at 8:40 am , least its nice and early so theres no waiting around.

Have no idea what to expect this afternoon though I have a funny feeling I'll just be repeating everything I said at the booking in appointment.
Still finding it hard to accept Im pregnant, its really hard to explain but if anyone will understand itll be you ladies. I feel pregnant, and Ive been hearing babies heartbeat since 9 weeks but its like I still havent accepted that there is actually a baby in there. It must be some self preservation thing.

I wrote a long reply earlier on my phone, then it dies mid post and I lost it all, damn it...dont you hate it when that happens?!?!?!

Anyway, I think its totally normal to feel this way given previous miscarriage coupled with the fact that we have all been on a reeeeeally looooong journey to get here. I think it started to feel a bit more real for around 12-13 weeks when we started to tell people but it took to 20 weeks to really sink and feel like we really are going to have a baby at the end of this rather than it be like all the other times things have looked hopeful. Does that make sense?

How did the appointment go? Did they say why you had to go see an obstetrician?

Chichi, so how are you spending your time? People say to me 'oh dont start your maternity leave too early as you will be so bored especialy if it is late' but I think if you are struggling with sleep or any other issues then you need to take the time you need to rest etc in preparation for the baby. I would love to be one of the pregnant mums who can stay super fit and had visions of me keeping up my running etc but in reality im lucky to do a walk around the block without coming home limping!!!

Hope everyone else is ok, im sure ST and Nell are busy with babies xxxx

Lisa, if you still read occasionally then I hope you are well xxxx

Hello ladies,

Fluffy, I know what you mean about trying to stay on at work for a bit longer. Every pregnancy is different, there was a lady at work who left at 38 weeks and gave birth a week later and a friend of mine left at 33 weeks and she gave birth at 36 weeks as she had preeclampsia. Some women can handle it and some can't and it also depends on the type of job you do. When you feel ready to go, you will feel it. I am enjoying my time at home, preparing and washing baby stuff. Now that the weather is getting better, I am trying to go for an afternoon walk then a small nap ;). As for pelvic pain, it's the first time I have heard that ivf drugs can influence it.

C&J - great that you are having your 12 week scan and you will be soon in 2nd tri!!! I know what you mean about not believing you pregnant. As fluffy , I started feeling that its real when the baby started kicking and after the 20 week scan when we saw him getting bigger!

ST and Nell how are your little ones?

Lisa - how are you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"