Hi All! Question for Mums with two babies

O

Ozzieshunni

I've not posted in here yet, but my son has a heart condition called heart block. I carry particular antibodies that attacked the electrical impulse part of his heart so it doesn't beat as fast as a normal baby's heart would.

My question is, if you have a first child with a medical condition that you know might reoccur, how did you feel about trying for a second child? We're NTNP just now and DH keeps wanting us to DTD, but I'm scared of becoming pregnant again. I was on the pill, but it was making me loopy. I wouldn't mind having another baby, but I'm terrified. The reoccurance rate is 20%. There is a medication that is being studied in regards to its properties of preventing heart block and the antibodies from crossing the placenta. I don't know what to do. :cry:

Hi Hun :)
My LO has congenital Hypothyroidism and we have been told there is a 1 in 4 chance of any future children having it (25%). We had planned to wait until T was a little older to see if her condition had any adverse effects on her, but I fell pregnant again with a little surprise so I guess fate had other plans for us! I think for me that seeing how well T is doing and how little effect her condition has on her has definitely helped.
I think if you are waiting for any research to be completed you could be waiting a long time. If you don't feel 100% happy NTNP at the moment why not wait another 6 months? There are still a lot of new mum hormones going about and they probably don't help!
Sorry, I'm not much help but before I fell pregnant again that was exactly how I felt in regards to having another x

My daughter has autism, and we were told that there was a higher chance of our next child having autism. But, we also knew that there was a chance, he/she wouldn't. Or, that child could have something else...or be totally 'normal' and be in an accident, or get cancer...or or or.... Nothing is ever for sure. So, we had another, Kelana...and so far, I believe she is healthy and normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->