Hi, I'm brand new and would appreciate some help! :)

fuffyburra

Hattie Flower's mummy :)
Reaction score
Sorry everyone, this is going to be a long story, brace yourself!
I'm on the pill (and take it religiously, 6am every morning, no sickness or anything that could make it not work) and took it 3 months in a row because I couldn't have any more time off work with period pains. When I finally did have my week off nothing came for about 5 days, and then I had a miscarriage.
I was about 5 weeks and didn't know, but it was really tough on me and my OH. Anywho, that was about 2 months ago. I didn't go straight back on the pill cos I was in a bit of a state and completely forgot, and we had unprotected sex, but the next morning I took the morning after pill (within 12 hours).
I have a few symptoms and I'm paranoid I'm pregnant (because let's face it, contraception didn't work so well for me last time, eh?! lol), and to be completely honest I kind of want to be. I've always wanted children more than anything, but me and my OH are still living with our parents. So I can't help feeling like I had the thing I'd always wanted and now it's gone, and I would do anything to have it again, even though I know I can't (which only makes it worse, see?)
Sorry this has been so long, but when I mention it to my friends they say "it'll happen in a few years, why are you so impatient?". No help at all :p
So thankyou so much if you read this, you deserve a medal! Hope to hear from someone soon, could really use some support xx

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/welcome-1.gif

Im sorry hear that, i also had a miscarriage 3 years ago. Now i have 2 beautiful LO's n thinkin about the next LOL. Good luck xx

Welcome to site Fuffyburra! Thats sad to hear you lost your baby at 5 weeks and yet you didn't even know you were pregnant at the time. It's like its made you realise how much you want and desire a child and in fact made it more obvious that you want a child, more now than say a few years time. But cos you've been taking the pill I presume that there are reasons why you're preventing pregnancy; like still living at home with parents.
Thats interesting. Its like being pregnant that time has shown you a glimpse or a sign of what you want next. Why do you feel you can't get pregnant again just now? Is it because if you had stayed pregnant in your previous pregnancy then you could say "oh well it was a happy accident-- can't believe I got pregnant on the pill!" and you and your OH would make the best of the situation, but now if you were to get pregnant it would be because you had planned it, and it sounds like there are some reasons, maybe practical that stop you from deciding to do that. Maybe look at the barriers to why you can't try for a baby now, and think of ideas how you could work towards being ready or whatever. xx

:hi: Welcome to BnB! I hope that you get the result that you want.

surprisebaby, you got it in one! That pretty much sums up the situation perfectly, better than I could've put it myself lol. Yeah if I'd stayed pregnant we would've coped just fine cos we're both emotionally ready, but the obvious living at home with parents, me starting college (again! lol) and OH having to wait til next September to finish his apprenticeship make it difficult. They're not really things we can change either, but OH has been very good about it :) We talked last night and we worked out a few ways of getting round some stuff ^^ Still gonna be a few years, but we've talked about things we need to do in between now and then to take our minds off it. Hooray! :)

Welcome to BnB :wave:

Sorry for your loss :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"