Hi question about creams / oils

hellywelly

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
Can anyone let me know what creams / lotions / oils you are using please as am going to buy some at lunch time and don't know if bio oil is best or not? any tried and tested out there please jot down your favourites xxxx thank you xxx

I first bought bio oil as my friend used it throughout her pregnancy and loved it - sadly I hated it!! I know it is very popular and a lot of women use it but it was just far too greasy for my liking! (i'm not even a fan of baby oil or anything like that) I much prefer actual creams so I use the philips avent indulgent body lotion - it worked a treat for my itchy belly! :)

Bio oil is good but its soooooo slimy lol!!

Im using - Palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream & Natural coconut oil based moisturising cream. I used bio oil and palmers with my 1st baby and only got stretchmarks on my boobs, but tbh stretchmarks happen regardless of the amount of cream u use, its based on the persons skin elasticity wether u get them or not, but no harm in helping to prevent the look of them

Heya, i'd been using bio-oil every day, but my belly was still looking a little angry, already had a fair few stretch marks but they were looking red and angrier, also i started getting patches of eczema, just little ones, very common and my belly was super itchy. I've switched to Palmers Tummy Butter; about €8 in boots, and i'm in LOVE with it. I swear to got, my skin feels so nourished and it feels like its improved the elasticity for sure, and i showed my hubby this morning and you can't notice any of my old stretch marks AT ALL, its just nice and smooth. i'll definately be using this for the duration.:flower:

I have been using a normal body butter(to begin with), palmers tummy butter (I do find this a bit greasy at first but once soaked in I think it really does moistures for longer than the usual lotions) and then more recently VIE at home Mummy and Me massage oil (I am a VIE consultant you see). Finding it very good and love that it's organic and looking forward to using it on baby as well.
My Nana used plain old olive oil in her pregnancies and never ever got a single stretch mark but I do think that if you're gonna get them you'll get them but it's nice to help them fade and sooth the itchy stretched skin.
Don't ignore the tops of your thighs like I did at first ... now I have angry red/purple stretchies there!

x

Im using asdas little angels stretch mark.cream have also got palmers skin therapy oil which is fab!

Xx

Palmers Coco butter which I love. However I have also got some Bio Oil, but I'll only be using that on bad areas. The key with that though is only use a tiny little amount as a little goes a long way.

However at the moment I'm just using Johnson Holiday Skin stuff because I haven't got an awful lot of stretching yet and I'm as pale as a ghost.

I've just been using any kind of body butter I've got at home, I figure using something is better than using nothing at all!x

bio oil - but it is messy, no way could i put it on on a morning before work! But i do slap loads on in the evening. My skin has never been softer and 2 of my friends have perfect skin, not a single stretchmark, both having 2 babies each! They swear by it so I'm persevering! It'll be worth it! :thumbup:

I use cetaphil lotion just cause I tend to have extra dry skin.

Rescue oil which is just a cheapo version of bio-oil but just as good as I've tried both and any type of body butter xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->