• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hi

Shen

Reaction score
Hi,

new here, didnt quite know where to ask some questions.

long story short im 20yrs old, and a little concerned. i visited my partner in Italy recently, and of course we had sex, however, the condom came off, we didnt notice until after, (it was the first time too, wasnt expected so i wasnt on anykind of contraception methods, but we used protection to be *safe*), the next day we went to the medical office for the emergency pill...try explaining to a med that you have irregular periods and arent quite sure, when you dont speak the language and your partner doesnt know much about this stuff -_-

anyway he assured us that it was ok and that i didnt need the pill. the day after i started my period, relief. but now its a month on im due again, time has played its effects on my nerves and im rather worried that he should have given me the pill just to be safe.

i dont want children just yet, i think im too young. aswell i have medical problems that make pregnancy difficult and im not ready yet. i was on the depo injection for about 2/3yrs but had to stop for the other health reasons and had the last early this year. not to mention the difficulties of raising a child in 2 different countries and cultures

do you think there's a chance i should get a test to be sure?

beginning to freak a little here. not to mention that my family would blow a gasket, being the youngest and the most promising member of the family they dont want me to go the same way as my sisters, but have a career etc.

thanks

Shen.

If I have this right - You had sex, went to enquire about the after pill then your period arrived in 2-3 days. If so highly highly highly unlikely you have anything to worry about.

:D x

thanks, i really hope so. i probably just need some reassurance lol. been a tough year everything that could go the way i didnt want it too...has...lost my father and numerous other family members, ill health the prospect of an operation in the near future yada yada yada. i'm just beggining to worry about things alot more.

it's so different there, in the UK you go to the clinic, ask for the emergency contraception they give it right? there we spent some 20 minutes speaking about the cycle of a woman and so on. i'm more concerned wit hthe irregularity of my cycle, i guess it makes it harderto figure out the risks, sometimes bleeding lasts 3 weeks, with 1 week breadk and then 3 weeks and continues for months this way, there there can be 6 weeks before the next. right now they seem somewhat regular, but, still it worries me alittle lol

sorry if this is the wrong place but i didnt quite know where to post

Where you have posted is fine :D

Seriously unlikely you need to worry once your period arrives which was 2 days (?) later so ovulation would have wayyyyy passed the egg and sperm only stay alive/fertile for so long which isn't long alone.

Periods whist pregnant - can happen (not so common)
Ovulate during a period - can happen VERY unlikely

Most women ovulate in the middle of their cycle never known anyone to experience any of the above part from normal/light bleeding in pregnancy (not period flow).

Honestly if I was you I wouldn't worry :D

you're right, thanks wobbles. i worry too much, lol. been feeling pretty emotional and such but thinking on its probably just because its coming to *that time* allways seems to make the irrational, more rational.

(btw, i like your little bouncy ball animation hehe)

I think I can imagine how you feel and why you would panic when you did protect yourselves because baby planning isn't on the list therefore you probably don't know much about conceiving. I was clueless once now I should write a book :rofl: as many of us who have been/going through the trying to conceive journey lol All such a head sore.

Sounds like you have some other things on your mind so I would put this little panic to the back of you mind now hun :D

And thankies - Amuses me but its usually the simple things that do haha

panic wasnt the word, i was going nuts LOL. not so much for what we would do, thats a given, raise him/her love them teach them and give them the best life possible. but i have a heredity and quite dehabilititaing condition, and so of course your mind whirrs to, ok if i am, how will i cope if the child has the same issues, how will the pregnancy affect my own condition, etc etc. so i was kinda freaking at the prospect of this stuff lol it just felt a little odd to be posting here, your all in joy about being mothers to be, or trying, and im here whining that i dont want one. but i really do appreciate your reassurances and help. partners away at work with no phone so i couldnt call him about my little crisis lol.

We haven't always been ready to try or have our own family hun so don't worry as well as Mums on the forum who are not ready or want to extend their family but are faced with situations of wondering like you :D

Nothing wrong with not being ready and panicing :D

Hope you return when you do or feel free to stick around ;) Good luck :D

gah, still waiting for any sign of the period, none as of yet. maybe its the panic and worry, but its not helping any!!

we decided maybe its better to try a test just to put our mnids at rest

woo-hoo it finally showed itself...so so so so soooooo relieved now.

:hugs:

Glad you got the end result you wanted Shen

I hope your future pans out as you want it to hun - Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back