hibernating after the mmr?

Scally

Reaction score
Izzy i having her mmr today and my plan was to hibernate with her whilst she was fighting it as there is so much going around at the moment i dont want her catching something else. But just reading through when the possible side effects might come out and some are up to 2 weeks after!! surely they are not fighting it for two weeks? thats a long time to stay in, we'll both go bonkers!!!! did anyone else hibernate? shall i take her out in the buggy but not to mother and baby clubs?
Thank you :flower:

We stayed in for 48 hours after the jab, but beyond that we carried on as normal.

My doc told me that they can have a slight reaction anything up to 3 weeks after, but that I didn't need to do anything different, just keep an eye on her for temps and rashes.

You'll go crazy if you stay in the house for two weeks lovely!! Just carry on as normal, she'll be fine. x

There is actually a 4- 6 week period after the MMR where they could have side effects as different parts of the vaccine work at different times over this period.
I never kept my girls in we carried on as normal just like we did with all the other immunistaions.

I kept an eye on her indoors for 48 hours afterwards. After that I just took each day as it came, about a week afterwards she had a few off days but other than that was completely fine :flower:

I'd probably play it safe and keep her away from other kids for 48 hours too. I run a home daycare and my LO caught a cold (that no one else in the little group caught) right after her MMR jab and now one of the kiddies I mind just caught a cold right after his jab too. It could just be coincidence and obviously each kid's immune system is different, but if you're able to amuse her away from other "carrier monkeys" for a little bit, I probably would :)

I didnt do anything differently.
Chloe and Jaycee had no symptoms after theirs.
It takes 5-7 days for any side effects because its a live vaccine

We chilled at home for the day, but the mmr did not affect jasmine at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->