• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hiccups help!

red_head

Reaction score
Hiccups - I’m 32+2 and baby has had hiccups occasionally since I’ve felt movements. I had a scan Wednesday morning which was fine, and then in the evening he had hiccups that lasted 20 minutes. I phoned the hospital as it wasn’t normal for him, especially because they just wouldn’t stop and I felt like his other movements were getting like he was distressed. He then had them again Thursday morning, saw the consultant Thursday afternoon who said it was nothing to worry about, then he had them again Thursday night for a good 15 minutes. He’s now got them again going on 15 minutes still going. I’m really worried something is wrong but feel like I’m being dismissed and because the scan was okay they won’t really investigate. Am I being paranoid? Is this normal to have them this long and frequent? This is what I’m being told but I don’t know why I have this feeling it’s not good!

My last baby had them all the time , nothing to worry about the closer you get to your due date the more frequent they might become . Its the baby practicing their breathing :D

My 3rd baby constantly had them and sometimes would last what felt like hours! I was worried too as you hear of not enough oxygen getting to the baby ect... baby boy was fine hes 3 weeks old now, and turns out hes still a little hiccuper!

Mine had them at least three times a day. They always seemed to be hiccuping!

Thank you so much. I stupidly googled and it has freaked me out but everyone is saying it’s normal. It’s so hard to know when to worry (hah as if I don’t worry constantly about everything anyway!) and when things are normal!
Thank you all!

I worried too but everything was fine. Especially with everything you have been through I know how hard it is not to worry:hugs:

Both of mine had them multiple times a day, every day in the last lot of weeks! I actually had no idea about why people worry about it until I read it on here recently! I've spoken to many, many women who had the same too. :)

Oh bless you. Google is the enemy when it comes to medical things :haha:
I googled EVERYTHING while pregnant and it just terrified me unnecessarily:dohh:

Ds2 was constantly hiccuping and he is fine (still gets hiccups more frequently than dd and ds1)

They hiccup more and more in my experience closer to the end - they hiccup because they are practicing breathing, so it makes sense!

My baby seems to get them around 4 times a day at the moment, maybe more. Tends to be after everytime I have something to eat lol. In fact she’s got them again now and that’s second time this morning alone xx pretty sure it’s normal xx

Thank you all :) he had them again this morning but not for as long luckily. I’m sure it’ll continue to worry me but at the moment I’m feeling less anxious. Although I’m keeping a close eye on his movements and if I get worried I’m going to go up the hospital. I’m sure it’s fine - I really appreciate your replies it has settled me! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->