High betas with bad scans so here I am.

gabbygabz

Reaction score
I am tiptoeing in here because I'm really at a loss. After several weeks of scanning and waiting and seeing, last week at what should have been 7w5d per LMP I was measuring 5w5d. Potentially due to longer cycle/late ovulation but definitely concerning. This week, the scanning doctor (I was sent to the hospital where they have better scans than my OB) said there hadn't been much change and it's likely a failed pregnancy. Talk about instant devastation. I guess I had been holding out more hope than I'd realized. So I struggled to get on the train home and while riding my OB called. She had spoken with the scanning doctor and gone over my most recent hormone levels (hcg and progesterone both high and increasing as they should) which made her suggest yet another scan next week. So now we wait again, but I've definitely already started the grieving process. I actually dread going back to see the scanning doctor as his bedside manner when delivering the bad news was less than comforting.

Really, at this point, I want to KNOW, even though I think I know already. Adding insult to injury is the fact that there's been no bleeding/spotting/cramping of any kind ... which will likely mean, if things go bad, that I'll end up needing a D&C just to move forward.

*Sigh. Sorry for the long rant. All of this is to say that I'm not really sure I belong here, though I fear I do. For now, I guess I'm not really anywhere.

I'm so sorry. :hugs: With my loss, I had to wait one week for a confirmation scan, then a couple of weeks to finally have the miscarriage completed after some failed attempts to induce it, and then a few more weeks to make sure my levels were going down. The waiting is, without a doubt, the hardest part. I can't imagine having to have an even longer wait to find out if the pregnancy was viable. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm very sorry for your loss. You nailed it, the waiting is absolutely the hardest part.

I'm so sorry you are going thru this! Those early scans can be misleading due to a number of things-the type of uterus you have, where the baby implanted, even who is doing the ultrasound. An u/s tech I talked to said measurements can vary so much she could do an u/s and five minutes later, repeat it only to get a whole different set of measurements. It's also promising that your numbers are still high and rising normally. I hope things go better for you and know that I'll be thinking of you no matter what the outcome. I've had funky u/s before too and I agree the waiting game is the worst. Good luck though and FX everything turns out okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->