High Blood pressure and the pill. which pill do u take?

Discussion in 'Your Health & Wellbeing' started by pinkish_angel, Dec 16, 2009.

1. pinkish_angel

pinkish_angel Well-Known Member

I have been on Microgynon for about 9 months now. Ever since, I have had to keep going back to the docs every month or so for a 1 month supply as my blood pressure has been quite high. I had it taken at the docs on monday and again today and was high both times so they wouldnt give me the pill and have refered me to a doctor tomorrow morning. I am due to take my tablet tomorrow so neeeeeed it (or something). I have heard that other types of pill are less reliable and this worries me. Also with the injections, if I opt for this method I am worried that when I do want to start trying again it will take ages for me to be able to concieve... any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated... ???

2. Vici

Vici Mum to a LTTC princess!!

My BP is still high after all the probelms i had during pregnancy. My doc will on put me on mini pill because of it. Its not really agreeing with me so i have 4 more weeks to give it a chance and then if not its the coil.

3. pinkish_angel

pinkish_angel Well-Known Member

hey hun, I went to the docs today and they put me on mini pill too.. In what way is it not agreeing with you? I hope I am ok on it its such a stress finding something that suits :(

4. londonbird

londonbird Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with microgynon

was on mini-pill until I had the implant with no problems

5. Vici

Vici Mum to a LTTC princess!!

Make me really grumpy and irritable :( Also had lots of bleeding with no pattern to it :(