High BMI / 'obese' and TTC

I'm glad someone made this thread. I sometimes feel embarrassed but I have been trying for years with no success I lose alot and gain alot. Good to know I'm not alone.

Oohhh, talking about an old thread revived. Happy to see it's still helping people though =D

I'm still 'obese', though down to 17 stone now.
I've since starting this thread 5 years ago had 2 gorgeous and healthy girls, and completely uncomplicated pregnancies and labours! (even a home birth ;))

First girl was conceived with the help of metformin to get me ovulating as it just wasn't happening on it's own.

Second girl was conceived, once again with the help of metformin. Big difference though... as I DID ovulate on my own this time. I actually fell pregnant between my 2 girls, but had a miscarriage (without metformin). My midwife recommended sticking me back on it after that, just to help my body carry... which seems to have worked.

Sooo ... don't give up ladies! It can definitely be done.
Not trying, not preventing now. I haven't started ovulating again yet, but think that's more to do with the fact I'm breastfeeding. I didn't get my periods back until a year after labour with my first, imagine it will be the same this time around.

Erised! Thanks for the update!! That is so good to hear that you had 2 very healthy pregnancies despite being heavier! So happy for you! This gives me hope!!

I guess I should maybe update aswell...since I posted on this thread I had 2 lovely children. Both pregnancies very marked by horrible morning sickness but otherwise uneventful. Both labours were totally normal. Both children (now nearly 4 and 2) are happy and healthy.
Just stick with it, it will happen. :)

Now after having my children I decided to lose weight. I joined slimming world mid last month and lost 1 1/2 stone so far. Xxx

Good luck ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->