High hcg. 5w3d u/s shows sac,yolk, but no pole. Help!

Camerod2

Reaction score
Hello all! I am dying inside. I had an Vaginal ultra sound last week at 5 weeks, 3 days (what they said I was from size on ultrasound) and my hcg drawn. because I have been spotting brown blood for two weeks when I wipe. My regular Doctor called right away and said everything looked good but they saw a cyst and would get me into the obgyn asap. On Monday I went in and the obgyn said that they only saw the sac, yolk but no fetal pole and with hcg levels at 9000 the fetal pole should be visable. She said the numbers don't add up and I should prepare for m/c. She tested my hcg that day(would be 6 weeks) and it came back 14,000. I go again for my hcg draw tomorrow and Friday my ultrasound. I don't see her for one week. I'm devastated as we have been trying for this baby for 10 years! Im in limbo! Has anyone gone through this? Help!!

I wouldn't panic just yet. It's totally normal for them not to be able to see pole at that gestation. I had a scan at around that gestation and only saw a sac... at the follow up 10 days later I measured 6+5 and saw the HB.

I refused HCG in my second pregnancy and even though I had to have them this time I told my dr I didn't want to see the result. The reason being was that in my first pregnancy I was told my HCG wasn't doubling quickly enough and to expect MC (I was also bleeding) but he's a 5yo now! There's so many variables with HCG I find it really stressful.

Good luck :hugs:

I thought that too. This is my second pregnancy, my dd is almost 11. It took us this long to conceive again! I wish I never had that scan! I'm in limbo. Your post has given me some much needed hope! Thank you! ❤️

Please try not to worry too much. Exactly the same thing happened to me with my youngest. Only a empty sac was seen at 5+ weeks and I had to wait two weeks but then I seen my perfect baby and heartbeat xxx

I really wish dr's would think before they speak at times. Seriously annoys me when women get freaked out unnecessarily like this.

First off, the fetal pole doesn't develop until the mid 5th week at the earliest and it can be well into the 6th week for some women. The heart doesn't start beating until the 6th week as well for most women so again, it sounds like you had a normal ultrasound for your gestation.

I went in for an ultrasound at 6+1 due to bleeding and they only saw a gestational sac and yolk measuring 5+4. My hCG was well over the 2K threshold I'd been told was needed for us to see anything but the dr wasn't worried because my levels were rising normally and I was barely 6 weeks. I went back at 7+1 and there was baby with a hb and measuring right on.

I just had an us abd was meauring 5 weeks 2 days and only saw the sac. Not sure what my hcg was. I'd never had one that early and not sure why the doc ordered one. Would've been nice to see fetal pole but pretty sure it's uncommon to before 6 weeks.
Stay positive mama!

Still very early. With this baby my dr kept saying oh there is nothing there,sorry! Fast forward 2 weeks and there was a baby measuring 9w. 185bpm heartrate. I'm 11 weeks now and all well. I know it's hard to do but wait it out another week.

I just wanted to update. Had my u/s today and they found the baby and heart rate was 127bpm. My due date 2/25/18.

Don't panic just yet, at 5weeks 3days its great you saw a sac!. Sometimes number don't align up perfectly because everybody and every pregnancy is different. Its most likely just a bit to early to see the heartbeat.

Wish you good luck for your next scan, I have hope for you and I'm crossing my fingers you see your little ones heartbeat <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->