High hcg?

Laylo

Reaction score
Hello all! My initial hcg at 4 weeks was 1117 and 2 days later was 2888. Do you guys know of any correlation with high initial hcg and twins?
My initial hcg with my son was 111 lol!

I don't think there is any correlation. My 1st hcg was at 4 weeks 6 days and it was 18,762. One baby. I've seen someone post that her hcg was higher in her singlton birth than with her twins. Congratulations!

Not necessarily. I had very very high hcg with my son, don't remember what it was it was so long ago but they thought multiples were a real possibility until my ultrasound. I had horrible morning sickness. There is a correlation but really it can go either way.

At 4w1d, mine was about 2,224. I definitely fantasized about twins even though they don't run in my family and I didn't have any fertility treatments, so the chances are very small. Sure enough, just one baby in there. I also read some studies that showed that higher hcg early on can be a great predictor of a continuing pregnancy.

At 4w1d, mine was about 2,224. I definitely fantasized about twins even though they don't run in my family and I didn't have any fertility treatments, so the chances are very small. Sure enough, just one baby in there. I also read some studies that showed that higher hcg early on can be a great predictor of a continuing pregnancy.

True, but not always! My cd29 hcg for this current pregnancy was only 15. I'm not sure if that's 4 or 5 weeks, ha, but I just wanted to share lest anyone else with low hcg reads this. I've been at both ends of the spectrum!

True, but not always! My cd29 hcg for this current pregnancy was only 15. I'm not sure if that's 4 or 5 weeks, ha, but I just wanted to share lest anyone else with low hcg reads this. I've been at both ends of the spectrum!

Oh yes, true! Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that the opposite was true (that if you have low HCG it's a bad sign). There's such a broad spectrum and so many women with lower levels of HCG have wonderful, healthy pregnancies. And for a while I was even freaking out that my high HCG might mean something negative, like a molar pregnancy. So I found those studies comforting. But even looking at BetaBase, you see such a broad range of healthy levels. There's a big range.

I love betabase! It made me feel so much better about what was "normal".

My hcg rose quite quickly with my twins but wasn't lots higher than my two singletons. My hpt with the twins went from almost bfn to 2-3 on a digi in 24 hours! But my singles were gradual.

In all honesty I don't think it matters, it varies from women to women and pregnancy to pregnancy. Good luck!. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->