High Prolactin & Dostinex - success stories?

OMG Bea, I just saw your ticker .... 14 weeks, yay!!!! :dance: You have really hit a milestone now :happydance: How is the sickness now? Has it eased fully yet?

That's so funny, we also went for Afternoon tea on Saturday!! We got a special offer deal where we went for an hour of treatments in the Spa ( back massage & Mini facial ) and then afternoon tea. I went with my Mam & 2 sisters, it was lovely and we had such a great laugh.

Oh, poor little Pickle :hugs: I can imagine you were worried getting that done but at least it's over with. Fingers crossed he will settle down now.

Thanks so much for your positive message. I went for acupuncture on Saturday & my AP said that it is rubbish what they were saying about egg quality & my age ... She said I am a lot healthier than my age & from a Chinese medicine perspective, I am in a great place :happydance: it made me so happy to hear this from her. She also suggested doing a round of IUI before we go to Prague ... I'm mega excited about doing that and what's better still, it is the one thing that my health insurance would cover!!

The interview on Wednesday is creeping up now ... Eeek! I will keep you posted on how it goes. What ever is meant to be will be!!

Hi lovely :)
How did your interview go?
That's fantastic about the IUI being covered by your health insurance. Can you start it next cycle? The same cycle you are having the baseline scan. That will be great just to give you that extra chance before you go to Prague.

I am feeling a lot better thanks. Went back to work this week and managed ok.They have been very supportive giving me lots of help and breaks and early finishes but I really think i'm on the mend now. Still not put any weight back on yet though, i'm sure I will as my appetite is returning.

My baby Pickle was so sick this week :( we thought we were going to lose him. Not sure if it was a delayed reaction to the stress of his op, but he had awful diarrhoea and became severely dehydrated. Stopped eating and drinking completely. I was up all monday night nursing him and they admitted him in to the vet hospital on tuesday to but put on a drip. He is slowly recovering now thank god. he's home and starting to eat and drink on his own again. We really thought we were going to lose him, it was such a scary time. You know how much i love that little lad.

Have you got anything nice planned for your weekend? x

Hi Bea!! :hi: Its great to hear from you :hugs:

OMG, I am so sorry to hear about poor little Pickle :hugs::hugs::hugs: and I really do know how much you love him. I am so relieved to hear that he is doing better. Thank god for that.

I'm delighted to hear that you are doing better and that your appetite is returning :happydance: I can imagine you are probably relieved yourself too. It must be hard going back to work as I am thinking you are probably very tired from being so sick. I hope it wasn't too hard and just keep thinking to yourself that your health and your baby's health are most important so just keep an eye that you are not over doing it.

On the fertility front for us ... Next week is a busy week!

We are going to see a gynae next Wednesday who is very highly recommended by lots of women who have gone to Prague and also my Acupuncturist. We will discuss with him if any more tests are required before we embark on IVF and what the best options are for us.

We also have an appointment with a clinic here in Dublin for next Friday where we can hopefully arrange to have the IUI cycle. Ideally we would prefer to go with the Gynae for IUI but my insurance doesn't cover him :cry:

Costs are really mounting up for the next 2 weeks ....
€200 Gynae consultation
€160 Initial consultation with the IUI clinic
€300 for 'EU bloods' which are mandatory with the clinic
€850 for the IUI cycle ... we can claim back that piece though
Its a bit of stress trying to gather the funds up front for it all ..... but if it gives us that :bfp: in the end ... every penny will be worth it!

We are also forking out a lot for Acupuncture ... I go every week as it is but my DH is also going at the moment too because he has injured his arm. This week alone it will be €200! I figure holistically he will be treated for fertility anyway so it can't do any harm!!

Then aside from that we are trying to gather funds for IVF .... I guess if we need to wait until June then so be it! At least we are doing something in between.

On the job front, I thought the interview went well but then I didn't hear anything back at all for a week. I decided to email the guy who asked me if I would be interested in applying initially. He apologized to me and told me that he is discussing me daily but forgetting to let me know :haha: They are actually creating a brand new job role for me at the right money I asked for and they are in the process of pulling the paper work and approvals together for it!!! :dance: I was in shock ... and absolutely delighted. I do need to see the finer details of the contract before I make a final decision but I am hoping everything will be in order and can take the job! The main thing I will be looking out for will be if they cover maternity leave or if there will be a waiting period before the cover that .... fingers crossed all will be in order! He said that I should get an update before Easter so all going well hopefully I will get an official offer next week :happydance:

This weekend we don't really have anything planned ... we both have Acupuncture tomorrow afternoon so I think maybe we will go for a nice lunch before it. Other than that maybe a little bit of gardening if I am feeling energetic enough!!

What about you ... any nice plans? x x

Hi Babydustpeace :hi:

Sorry i haven't been over to the boards for the last couple of weeks, its been a bit hectic now I'm back at work and i've been trying to get lots of sleep in too. I do think about you alot and wonder how you are doing.

How did you get on with the gynae? Did you have any further tests recommended to you before you start the IVF?
Have you now planned your IUI cycle? Those costs really are something, but I am glad you can claim the IUI costs on your insurance and the rest of it is all worth it, its getting you closer and closer to your goal and nothing is more important than that, you deserve to be happy.

Amazing news on the job front! As if he kept forgetting to let you know :haha: Its fantastic that they are creating a position for you, you must feel so flattered, you are clearly very valued in the company. I am so pleased for you, they sound great and I would be really surprised if they weren't supportive of you if you explained about the time off for IVF closer to the time, they value you and they will work around you I am sure of it :)

How was your easter? We had a very quiet one here. Pickle is back to his normal self again. In fact he was very mischievous yesterday and decided to gnaw through my internet cable. We block all wires off from him but this one is at the other side of the room and its not a live electric wire so we weren't too worried about it, he never paid interest in it before. Well, yesterday he did pay interest and I was sitting on my laptop when all of a sudden the internet when down. I checked everything, the router, troubleshooting on the pc, couldnt work it out. Then i checked the wire - completely bitten in half :haha: he keeps us on our toes. Now i've ordered some critter cord which is supposed to taste horrible to them,hopefully that will deter in the future :haha:

I hope you are doing well and enjoying this nicer weather we are now having. Please let me know how you are doing, I often think of you, I am still holding hope you will get a lovely BFP before the IVF .x

Attachments

• Pickle x.jpg
    Pickle x.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1
Halo
M currently new on the forum,I hv been diagnosed with high prolactin level 10years ago and progress have been slow as doctors WHR I got diagnosed didn't know how to treat the condition. Hv been on and off bromochriptin and recently been put on destonix fr the past 4 months and only saw my periods in may .this has taken a toll on my life more so nw that m married and we really want a family. Worse part is I thought I was the only one with this kind of condition. Its comforting to know there are success stories out the.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->