High Prolactin Serum level

Marilina

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am so glad I found this forum with so many informations!
Hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 months now without success unfortunately (it is our first try, hubby is 34 and I am 33). So I went for a check up (ultra sound / blood test) and was prepared for the worst but the ultrasound said everything is fine, even though I have only one ovary as one was removed due to a cyst some years ago. Anyways the doc said my prolactin levels are high and that might be a reason, also the vitamin d level is too low. I got vitamin d supplements now which I am taking, for the prolactin I have to be tested again in a week and am very nervous about that!
Can that really be a reason not to get pregnant (as everything else is fine as it seems), does anyone have / had the same problem?
I just had a look on test results and it says:
'Serum Prolactin 710 mIU/L (range should be 59-619).' When googling we only find results in mg for prolactin so am confused now. I can't wait for the sampling test!

Anyone with similar experience - I would be glad to hear about!

Hi, I am on the same boat as you. I am 31 and trying to concieve since feb this years. Till June we have no luck so we decided to have fertility test. I too have all the ultrasound clear and only have high prolactin level.
My doc says , high prolactin interfare with ouvulation and ovaries normal function. He prescribed me bromocriptine 1.25 mg and with in the same month, i.e june 2013 , i concieved but unfortunately had MMC in august around 10 week.

Again we started TTC journey after 2 months break in Nov 13, but no luck. Again i got tested for prolactin on Dec 1 and it was gain elevated. So started the medicine gain from this month.

How about you, Have u started taking medicine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->