Highchairs

Juicyg

Reaction score
Hi ya,

I was wondering what highchairs people would recommend?

Looking at thinking if weaning lo in a month or so and want to get a decent high chair but dont really know where to start!
I'm UK based too.

Thanks!x

I have a graco, she never uses it! We have a little picnic table in the parlor ds eats at, she walks over to steal his food, so she stands to eat hers, or takes a bit and sits on the ground. In time shell just sit with him and eat.

Ikea antilop! It's fab! So easy to clean too, sometimes I just stick it in the shower if it's been messy dinner ;-)

Ikea antilop! I have 3, his older brother's chicco polly and a one we got free from Kiddicare, I only use the Ikea one, so easy to keep clean and nice and unobtrusive too.

I second IKEA antilop because it's so easy to clean and there will be lots of cleaning!!!!! Only thing I would say is that if your baby doesn't sit very well yet it might not be the best chair because it doesn't have a harness but just a little belt to hold LO in the chair. There is a bar between legs so they won't fall out but when we first tried the chair in a pub, LO wasn't a great sitter and kind of slumped over to one side

I've got the red kite feed me diner chair. It's sturdy and easy to clean too and they're on sale now
https://www.kiddies-kingdom.com/fol...r-highchair-fizz-clearance-5055267602399.html

We have got this one which i believe costs £370 in John Lewis. It was given to us by a relative. I am shocked that anyone would pay so much for a high chair!! Not had chance to use it yet as LO can't sit up yet but for the price I'm expecting it to be pretty decent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 6
My high chair is fab! It turns into a seat when they are older. It's a oxo tot it cost £210 but I got money off! It's solid wood with a cosy chair but lo loves it x

Another vote for the Ikea Antilop here...I think it's about £16 including the tray. We replaced a graco one we had with that and it's much better. Wipes clean, no cracks for food to gather in etc!! Cheap and Cheerful :)

Thanks everyone for your replies, wow I hadn't even thought about Ikea! Will take a look.

The only thing is I plan on weaning when he is 4 months so not sure if I need one that has straps.

I have been looking at the cosatto one that turns 360 degrees. Can't remember the name.
It's quite heavy though!

I LOVE that highchair Bellaboo0512! You are so lucky to have been given that one!
Unfortunately there is no way in hell I would ever be able to convince my hubby to pay out for one!x

Another vote for IKEA antilop, we take the legs off and put the seat and tray in the dishwasher, its just so easy to clean x

I have the cosatto noodle which I love. My sister lent me a Graco before that and it was awful!

Thanks everyone for your replies, wow I hadn't even thought about Ikea! Will take a look.

The only thing is I plan on weaning when he is 4 months so not sure if I need one that has straps.

I have been looking at the cosatto one that turns 360 degrees. Can't remember the name.
It's quite heavy though!

I LOVE that highchair Bellaboo0512! You are so lucky to have been given that one!
Unfortunately there is no way in hell I would ever be able to convince my hubby to pay out for one!x

We've got this one cosatto 3sixti it's really good.

The ikea one is the best by far. You can buy the cushion insert which would keep a younger baby upright and wedged in securely. It's the easiest thing to clean which you'll do 3 times a day!

I haven't used the tray on it yet, but I'm using the Fisher price chair that straps to a seat in the dining room. I personally love it, seems easy enough to clean you can bring it anywhere and has adjustable seat positions and height. Plus can be a booster w hen they get older.it was fifty us dollars.bought it online. Plus its big appeal to me is it is small, doesn't take up barely any room. :)

I'm not that keen on it to be honest lol x

Chicco polly highchair, its has inserts for younger children which you can take out, has about 4 different heights, wheels so easy to move and really sturdy!

We haven't weened lil one yet (4mths) but I put her in it when Im cooking and she plays with her toys on the tray!

Ikea antilop. I used to put a folded up towel around to keep him comfy and snug when he was smaller as I found the blow up insert pushed him forward. One thing I have found recently though is he just wants to turn around to look at things and as he only has lower straps doesn't stop him doing this. Still easy to clean chair - fab.

IKEA antilop... Hose it outside on a really bad spag Bol day!!!

I paid about £100 for a fancy padded high chair (fisher price one) I ended up selling it after 2 months for £20 cause it drove me insane cleaning it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->