HIP Grant, Ive emailed The Sun news paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend just got hers and it took 8 weeks. i applied for the sure start and called up after 4 weeks, to hear they now deal with it in one office wembly, and they sent out another form, for me to fill in. which is a nite,are as there talking of inducing me in 2 weeks and i was praying that money would have been in by now

Not being funnny but people are supportive here, really supportive infact. There have been countless new threads on here about the HIP grant, EVERYONE knows there is a delay..theres been a DELAY for weeks! We are all in the same boat!!! There were threads on here weeks ago about delays so thats a a few weeks of careful planning and budgeting to get things ready surely? Not just sitting around waiting for it to go into your bank...

Sorry, I stand corrected, your post absolutely screams "supportiveness" and is in no way judgemental.

im sorry but you people are not supportive just down right rude!

?? ''you people'' ???? thats the rudest thing ive read in the whole thread,

wouldnt say people are being rude at all. Its utter ridiculous that people are complaining about money thats meant to be a helping hand. like ive said many times before, im one of the ones who have NO money, but i still have no right to complain if theres a delay. its called budgeting. soon as you get a BFP you should be budgeting. not thinking '' oh i dont need to get that yet as ill get that grant to buy it ''

Wow, poor Kayleigh&bump! Didn't realise this was the sort of place you'd get your head bitten off for expressing an opinion!

Have only recently joined this forum and reading this thread has kind of made me wish I hadn't bothered, some of the comments are just mean! None of us has any idea about other people's circumstances, making statements about other people's finances and what they can do each week is wrong,since we have no idea and can only speak for ourselves and our own circumstances.

For the record, I'm very grateful for the money and expected to have to wait for it but I think the system they use for processing claims is poor. You get given a claim form and stamped addressed envelope so why not barcode each envelope so that immediately it's received you can be told that it's gotten there safely? Instead of what currently happens which is weeks of waiting not actually knowing whether it's there at all?

I agree, poor kayleigh&bump, people should be ashamed of themselves for being very rude and at times bullying. i thought this forum was supposed to support people and understand not be aggressive!

What is rude and bullying? We've tried basically helping her out, i've told her lots of places to get cheap things, and cheap/free solutions. Thats NOT bullying. :growlmad:

Got mine today after 5 weeks. To be honest, I dont mind waiting I just really appreciate the extra money.

telling someone how REALITY is, is NOT bullying or RUDE!!!!!!

We dont generally have anythin over £10 left after everything and i still managed to get hospital bag. i understand the need for things when baby has arrived but for hosp bag is ridiculous

Not being funnny but people are supportive here, really supportive infact. There have been countless new threads on here about the HIP grant, EVERYONE knows there is a delay..theres been a DELAY for weeks! We are all in the same boat!!! There were threads on here weeks ago about delays so thats a a few weeks of careful planning and budgeting to get things ready surely? Not just sitting around waiting for it to go into your bank...

Sorry, I stand corrected, your post absolutely screams "supportiveness" and is in no way judgemental.

hows that judemental? thats what some people are doing... some people with jobs aswell! if you read the whole thread you will see we have all been nothing but supportive to kaleigh&bump about her concerns about having her hospital bag ready, weve offered lots of advice and souloutions.

very OT but my favourite is people who cant afford to live or buy the things they need but can always afford cigarettes - that is a classic one.

Not being funny but what on earth sort of bills are you paying? If my husband was on a full time wage of that i'd be questioning what im paying out if i couldnt even afford hospital stuff. Its not even minimum wage!

Is that aimed at me? :shrug: we pay normal bills just like everyone else, we have a 2 bed house, pay council tax, utlity bills, petrol, car insurance. Nothing out of the ordinary. He only earns £900 a month so I dont know how you can say how can you not afford hospital stuff. Our bills are cheap compared to most peoples

Us too! council tax and rent really eats into the wages :growlmad:
we were only managing to save 50 pounds or so a month if we were lucky so i understand you situtation x

Yep sure does! Our rent and council tax comes to £650 pm just on their own, thats without other bills and food! So when my husband only takes home £900 per month, im sure people can understand why £190 is gunna make a huge difference to us :shrug:

I didnt come on this thread to get my head bitten off, I feel a bit gangd up on to be fair :( x

don't worry you aren't being ganged up on :hugs: just everyone voicing their oppinions can get a bit heated.
our rent was 550 pcm and 110 council tax, so we must be along the same sort of situation then hun.
its hard isn't it sometimes so that 190, when it comes through will definately give you a hand x

*ahem* as I said.....

We have been supportive.
There is a delay.
Moaning about it on here won't help.
SOOOOOOOO many other thread about the same bloody thing.
SOOOO BORED OF READING EVERYONES MOANS NOW

This thread needs to be locked. People have given good advice but some Post have come across as rude and belittling IMO.

hows that judemental? thats what some people are doing... some people with jobs aswell! if you read the whole thread you will see we have all been nothing but supportive to kaleigh&bump about her concerns about having her hospital bag ready, weve offered lots of advice and souloutions.

I have read the whole thread. And Kayleigh herself has posted that she feels ganged up on.

to be fair if it came to it, we all love each other really, we're not being bullying or anything, or not meaning to be anyway.
its just life, and life is hard.
hugs for everyone though

(and i mean that in the most un-belittling way) xx

im sorry but you people are not supportive just down right rude!

?? ''you people'' ???? thats the rudest thing ive read in the whole thread,

wouldnt say people are being rude at all. Its utter ridiculous that people are complaining about money thats meant to be a helping hand. like ive said many times before, im one of the ones who have NO money, but i still have no right to complain if theres a delay. its called budgeting. soon as you get a BFP you should be budgeting. not thinking '' oh i dont need to get that yet as ill get that grant to buy it ''

I'm exactly the same! I am skint because I have used every last available penny to budget and get everything I need and not wait around for a free unexpected brand new handout which in theory could be ended next year? Then what!

very OT but my favourite is people who cant afford to live or buy the things they need but can always afford cigarettes - that is a classic one.

LOL whats that gotta do with anything? I dont drink or smoke, and never have done! I cant think of anything worse to spend your money on to be honest, but thats gotta nothing to do with what we been talking about :wacko:

Kaileigh&bump nobodys saying you dont need the money, we understand you have bills rent etc, we all have our own issues, all we mean is theres no point moaning? weve given you loads of help with ideas on how to get a hospital bag sorted so you dont have to rely on the grant, i know its frustrating to be delayed, but the OP was ridic to write to the sun. dont feel gang'd up on, but can you see our point of not relying on it for a hospital bag??

Only because its ridiculous! People with no wages at all are managing better than those with a wage by all accounts!

I have read the whole thread. And Kayleigh herself has posted that she feels ganged up on.

Well if thats the case, she's clearly taking things too much the wrong way because NOBODY is ganging up on her, but trying to help!
:wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back