HIP Grant, Ive emailed The Sun news paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff, i am not getting mine because the stupid midwife signed it 9th november 2010 instead of 2009 so they have refused it.

and if anyone buying a pram you generally get a changing bag with it

I've got the pliko pramette and luna, and both we had to buy changing bags seperately :dohh: BUT we also got the FREE boots changing bag xx

Not being funny but what on earth sort of bills are you paying? If my husband was on a full time wage of that i'd be questioning what im paying out if i couldnt even afford hospital stuff. Its not even minimum wage!

Good stuff, i am not getting mine because the stupid midwife signed it 9th november 2010 instead of 2009 so they have refused it.
thats a dopey midwife tho lol.... send an appeal in!

I dont think you can complain when its free money!!

People have managed for plenty of years before now without £190 from the government!

Totally agree with this. Dont think people should complain about waiting a few weeks.

ZOMG I don't have any maternity pads yet..do you think my HIP grant will be here before I go into labour so I can buy some?

nope. better tell the daily mail

:rofl: Ahahahaha...

I think the problem with this is people arn't going to take this as sarcasm and moan some more. ;)

You will get the HIP grant eventually, so will I. Until then I'm sure I can deal with knowing that I am still being "Healthy in pregnancy". Ive gotten to 29 weeks without it I'm sure I'll last 4-8 weeks! Its not like I dont need it, I'm sure everyone needs it someway, shape or form! but its called budgeting! Sacrificing my weekly bar of galaxy will get me my weekly quota of maternity pads I'm sure!

and if anyone buying a pram you generally get a changing bag with it

I've got the pliko pramette and luna, and both we had to buy changing bags seperately :dohh: BUT we also got the FREE boots changing bag xx

lol well yeah but most :p our prams were free so cant complain got bag wi one and got boots bag. Ive had loadsa free nappy vouchers etc they do make things as easy as poss for u without givin u £190

My hospital provides pads nappies and sanitary things.. im sure others do aswell.. worth asking!

They do - if you cant afford any and genuinley have none all hospitals do have a supply - incase people are rushed in from the streets etc!

Wow, poor Kayleigh&bump! Didn't realise this was the sort of place you'd get your head bitten off for expressing an opinion!

Have only recently joined this forum and reading this thread has kind of made me wish I hadn't bothered, some of the comments are just mean! None of us has any idea about other people's circumstances, making statements about other people's finances and what they can do each week is wrong,since we have no idea and can only speak for ourselves and our own circumstances.

For the record, I'm very grateful for the money and expected to have to wait for it but I think the system they use for processing claims is poor. You get given a claim form and stamped addressed envelope so why not barcode each envelope so that immediately it's received you can be told that it's gotten there safely? Instead of what currently happens which is weeks of waiting not actually knowing whether it's there at all?

I agree, poor kayleigh&bump, people should be ashamed of themselves for being very rude and at times bullying. i thought this forum was supposed to support people and understand not be aggressive!

Dear god no wonder pregnant women get labelled crazy hormonal lunatics!!!!

:rofl:

xx

Not being funny but what on earth sort of bills are you paying? If my husband was on a full time wage of that i'd be questioning what im paying out if i couldnt even afford hospital stuff. Its not even minimum wage!

Is that aimed at me? :shrug: we pay normal bills just like everyone else, we have a 2 bed house, pay council tax, utlity bills, petrol, car insurance. Nothing out of the ordinary. He only earns £900 a month so I dont know how you can say how can you not afford hospital stuff. Our bills are cheap compared to most peoples

ZOMG I don't have any maternity pads yet..do you think my HIP grant will be here before I go into labour so I can buy some?

nope. better tell the daily mail

:rofl: Ahahahaha...

I think the problem with this is people arn't going to take this as sarcasm and moan some more. ;)

You will get the HIP grant eventually, so will I. Until then I'm sure I can deal with knowing that I am still being "Healthy in pregnancy". Ive gotten to 29 weeks without it I'm sure I'll last 4-8 weeks! Its not like I dont need it, I'm sure everyone needs it someway, shape or form! but its called budgeting! Sacrificing my weekly bar of galaxy will get me my weekly quota of maternity pads I'm sure!

yep someone is going to say 'oh my god they're being cows!' haha ;)

im lucky enough to have got mine, but i honestly wouldn't be stressing if i hadn't got it for ages!! (i posted earlier saying its like money i wouldnt have had anyway) i would have bought the things that i bought with my HIP Grant, month by month rather than all at once which i did.

life is harddddddd, we all know that.

Wow, poor Kayleigh&bump! Didn't realise this was the sort of place you'd get your head bitten off for expressing an opinion!

Have only recently joined this forum and reading this thread has kind of made me wish I hadn't bothered, some of the comments are just mean! None of us has any idea about other people's circumstances, making statements about other people's finances and what they can do each week is wrong,since we have no idea and can only speak for ourselves and our own circumstances.

For the record, I'm very grateful for the money and expected to have to wait for it but I think the system they use for processing claims is poor. You get given a claim form and stamped addressed envelope so why not barcode each envelope so that immediately it's received you can be told that it's gotten there safely? Instead of what currently happens which is weeks of waiting not actually knowing whether it's there at all?

I agree, poor kayleigh&bump, people should be ashamed of themselves for being very rude and at times bullying. i thought this forum was supposed to support people and understand not be aggressive!

Not being funnny but people are supportive here, really supportive infact. There have been countless new threads on here about the HIP grant, EVERYONE knows there is a delay..theres been a DELAY for weeks! We are all in the same boat!!! There were threads on here weeks ago about delays so thats a a few weeks of careful planning and budgeting to get things ready surely? Not just sitting around waiting for it to go into your bank...

Is that aimed at me? :shrug: we pay normal bills just like everyone else, we have a 2 bed house, pay council tax, utlity bills, petrol, car insurance. Nothing out of the ordinary. He only earns £900 a month so I dont know how you can say how can you not afford hospital stuff. Our bills are cheap compared to most peoples

Us too! council tax and rent really eats into the wages :growlmad:
we were only managing to save 50 pounds or so a month if we were lucky so i understand you situtation x

im sorry but you people are not supportive just down right rude!

As everyone appears to be moaning about the back log, me included, Ive emailed the Sun paper about the issue, as its another example of how bad the government are with paying us what we are entitled to, such as the student loan total mess up.
However if we owe them, then there is no time, just have to pay, ie overpaid tax credits for example.

Will let you know if I hear anything back from the Sun.

I have to say I find your last quote a little off. The government had nothing to do with the payment of the student loans - the loans are administered by a private company who installed a new 'system' this year, that happened to fail miserably. The government were blamed for not stepping in sooner to aid the company/students - they had bugger all to do with the actual handouts.
I feel for the poor students who are being forced to drop out of Uni due to their only source of income not materialising in time, but we are hardly in the same boat?? We are all waiting on a £190 'bonus' that is being given to us, not £8,000 to pay tuition fees/rent and food!!

I am still waiting and it would have been lovely to have it in time for Christmas, but it's FREE, so I certainly won't be complaining (and most definitely not to a newspaper like the Sun). :nope: Who will only seek to stir up more trouble.

There's an old saying that I have always believed in....'Don't bite the hand that feeds you....'??

Us too! council tax and rent really eats into the wages :growlmad:
we were only managing to save 50 pounds or so a month if we were lucky so i understand you situtation x

Yep sure does! Our rent and council tax comes to £650 pm just on their own, thats without other bills and food! So when my husband only takes home £900 per month, im sure people can understand why £190 is gunna make a huge difference to us :shrug:

I didnt come on this thread to get my head bitten off, I feel a bit gangd up on to be fair :( x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->