Hiya!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Well in the mornings I always say "hiyaaa" a couple of times to Miss Caitlin.

This morning I swore whist I had one eye open when I picked her up placed her down on the mat she squeaked "heya"

Is it too early could I have heard her right - Shes 5 months in a week!

oh how cute i'm not sure how soon they start.

Well.... Im thinking that it may be too early for it to be a true Hiya, but you never know... :) Sounds very cute She could be trying to copy you and Hiya is easy to say... Like mama and dada.... :headspin:

Start teaching her the word Suz... :)

they copy your sounds don't they? even though she may not know what it means......did you see that video of a little baby saying what sounds like "I love you" over and over? sooooo cute

Definately won't understand what it means but they associate with words at times - I read a llil up on it last night and even mama dada they say they don't quite understand what it means but .......

Newt I never seen that? Was it on here then :blush:

I think it could have been!

LO's do copy sounds...or they try too! I think the first few times you do just brush it off and think their too young. Just because the "text books" say they should be doing X and X by so may months - tis not always the case & every LO is diff as we all know!

Noah was sat in front of the TV while OH & I were eating our tea & someone on the kids programme (forget what it was) he was watching said 'Hello' then all of a sudden Noah got excited and shouted 'Ello!!' he sounded like a parrot, me & chris just looked at each other and couldn't stop laughing!

I'm sure he was saying Hiya for ages but I was just brushing it off!

You know, "bum" is also nice and easy for them... teach her "mr bum" :rofl:

tee hee

I think they start to copy us, e.g. Juleika makes a chewing motion with her jaw now, when she sees me eating, LOL

and I swear, today in the morning she said "mum". as I wasn't sure, if it only was my imagination, I asked OH and he said, he heard it as well :cloud9:

Awww wow

I think its like Boo says we probably fob a lot of it off because of standard information and thinking its too soon!

:wohoo:

You never know! They do start copying ur sounds at that age! Aww bless her. Oliver makes a funny noise that sounds just like he's saying 'who are you' lol. So when a stranger starts talking to him he replies 'whoooo youuuu!' lol xx

Newt I never seen that? Was it on here then :blush:
No, it was on the tele......oh God! I can't remember what program it was. I'm not sure, it may have been you been framed.....

I know it was well freaky lol

I had a look on you tube, there are a few hone vids there of babies talking young, I couldn't find the one I meant tho

You never know! They do start copying ur sounds at that age! Aww bless her. Oliver makes a funny noise that sounds just like he's saying 'who are you' lol. So when a stranger starts talking to him he replies 'whoooo youuuu!' lol xx

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->