hmm low supply or fenugreek?! need opinions please :)

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
Due to my son not gaining much weight int he last 2 months, (first month 4 oz and second month nothing at all) and the hv being worries, i started fenugreek incase my supply was low, have been taking 3 3x a day, before them my son was fine, apart from lack of gain ( yet no loss) he was happy healthy, not overlly windy, he would always bring up wind after a feed but never cried with wind etc, we got plenty of wet and dirty nappies, we would usually have at least one dirty nappy a day maybe more, with odd accasions of a day skipped.

Then when i started fenugreek my son become moody and fussy, seemed to constantly have wind, was unsettled and we also noticed he wasnt doing as many dirty nappies, it become every 2-3 days and when he did finally go it wasnt much. after a week and a half I finally decided to stop the fenugreek as my son was just miserable seemed to have wind alot and was so hard to settle etc. I pumped a bottle but he wouldnt take it, hes never taken to them so it was put ont he side and i completely forgot about it. when I eventually saw it I noticed the whole ounce I had managed was pretty much foremilk, not much hindmilk at all so then I also thought maybe the fenugreek was causing too much foremilk (would have stopped sooner but just wondered if it was the 4 month growth spurt and he was just naturally dirtying nappies less)

any way I last took it yesterday and today hes been a bit happier, still wingy here n there, but happier noe th eless, he also dirtied a nappy this morning not much but still then abotu 20 mins ago filled a right big nappy (none have been green though but maybe a darker yellow) through all this today I have also noticed I feel more full and he seems to be happier feeding, hes feeding every 2 hours approx for 5-10 mins, (ooo forgot to add last few days ive been eating a bowl of porridge every morning too and making sure to drink much more water) so now Im wondering was the fenugreek causing all the issues and im seeing a result in him being better now Ive stopped it and taken none since yesterday afternoon or has the fenugreek kicked in and thats making him happier as my supply was low?

I did mention I felt fuller but then i wonder if its more the oatmeal doing that then feenugreek as ive been taking feenugreek a over a week n no change until today.

any opinions lol sorry its so confusing

:flower:

It's possible as fenugreek can cause excessive foremilk. Fennel can also have the same side effect xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->