Hobbies/time for yourself

twinklestar25

Reaction score
So still back and forth to the baby front some days more against some more for, it’s torture. But I’m relaxing for a couple of months as I wouldn’t want a baby around Christmas/new yr and really need to focus on my uni course this month, so that rules these next couple of months out to ttc.
So it’s a couple more months to think about it and maybe try and see how I go moving on from it and then re-evaluate early may.

I seem to do well with moving on but then will question if it’s the right thing, ovulation is hard as that brings it to the front of my mind.
I think maybe I’ve made my decision (no more babies) but I sometimes doubt if it’s the right one, if I’m making a mistake. (But wild I feel that if I fell preg too, I don’t know. But if I did I imagine it would be harder as once preg there’s no going back!) it’s so easy to get sucked back into all the nice things about having a baby and then believe it’s deffinatley what I want.
It’s hard to separate the head and heart.

So I’m trying to think of ways to have something for me, that I can enjoy and focus on. Any ideas?

I've totally been back and forth too. However, DH got a call that his doctor had a cancellation and got a vasectomy on Tuesday. So decision has been made.

My hobbies include sewing, particularly learning how to make clothes and bags. I also enjoy photography and have a darkroom but I don't have the time right now that it requires.

Things I do for myself include reading and taking baths. Sometimes I like to garden but the last couple of years it hasn't happened due to my health. Hopefully this year will be better.

What sort of things do you enjoy?

I like to sew but haven't had time to do so.

I really enjoy lifting weights, so I go to the gym. I have 3 littles though so it's hardly to distract me from trying, it's my break from the kids.

Vastectomy that’s deffinatley a big step, I guess sad if you really wanted more but I supppose you no longer have the agonising indecision.
I go to the gym on and off usually around this time if ur to prepare for summer that u would start but have a lot on with uni at the moment.
I love spa days but they are expensive! I Meet up with friends now and then but they are all busy with their young family’s and work too so it’s not that often. Seems much easier for the men, hubby has always regularly done stuff with his mates, always revolves around sports. It’s great he has that, some how seems harder for the mums, getting time when everyone’s free to meet etc. Hubby has the kids at the drop of a hat but it’s not that easy.
It’s hard at the moment as I’m a few days off ov and so in my fertile phase. It could be so easy to give in and just let it happen, but have that barrier to doing so too.
The men have it so easy! They dint have to deal with the hormones, the big life/family decisions- well they have an opinion but really in our relationship the important stuff tends to come down to me and while I have always had so many ideas and plans and enjoy working towards them, this one is too hard.

Maybe that’s part of my problem, I’m always striving for something, working toward something. I can’t just seem to live in the moment very easily and enjoy the now. Or I do for a bit but always come back to what’s next, what going to be the next adventure etc.
It feels like there should be something else, like I don’t want the big life things to be done with, we’ve got the house, I’ve got my career, we had our 2 children and we got married last yr. do I just now move on and enjoy what we have (seems sensible! Which I 99% of the time am, and seems a pretty sweet set up) or do we go for 1 more adventure!?

It was a big decision but as each day passes I know it was the right one for us. Now the decision is gone and I can move forward.

You sound so much like me. I have so much to be happy with and yet I'm always looking toward the next thing. It's so hard to live in the moment.

My husband also spends time with friends. He usually gets a night once a week where they do a game night. It makes me a little jealous, even though I know he'd watch the kids its just not something I could regularly go do. Plus at this point I'd rather sleep. But that is besides the point.

I guess it depends on what your interests are. When I have time to myself I almost always do some sort of exercise/activity/sport (swimming, trail running, skiing, etc). I am also part of a book club, we meet once every 4-6 weeks so it isn't a huge time commitment, but it makes me read on a regular basis. I am also usually studying something, learning another language or doing some continuing education of some sort (usually online). I also have an outdoor garden in the summer and indoor greenhouse in the winter so I like to learn about growing different veggies. We are getting some chickens, goats, and sheep so I've been spending my spare time doing a lot of research about building their barn and raising them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->