holding finger foods

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
so i have tried Annabelle with a bit of cucumber and banana and rusks as finger foods, she is happy to suck and chomp down on them but will not hold them!!!!!

if i hold it to her mouth she is more than happy if i put it in her hand she just drops it immediately but she will put her hand to my arm as if ramming my hand to her mouth.

i have been putting it in her hand and guiding her hand to her mouth but not sure if this is the right thing to do, she eats purees fine.

Any advice would be great

thanks in advance

Lou
xxx

When i first introduced rusks to Brooke she did take them, but kept crying when she dropped them and wanted me to hold them in her mouth for her

Each time she drops it i just pick it up and put it back into her hand, even if its 20 times :)

Keep at it hun im sure she will get used to it when she's ready

As PP said keep at it and eventually she's bound to get the hang of it :)
Good luck hun xx

agree with pp, just keep at it! maddi does eat on her own with finger food, but tbh she prefers me holding it, so sometimes i do (often to prevent mess like at the bnb meet :blush:) i would just say keep going and she'll get there in the end :)

Hannah's an independent little thing and never did really like us holding her food for her and now refuses most purees :dohh: As PP said I'd just keep trying, keep offering it until she gets the hang of it

Tyes nearly 7months old and still wont hold finger foods! He puts toys to his mouth but not food :dohh: They will learn in their own time when they are ready just got to keep trying!

Tyes nearly 7months old and still wont hold finger foods! He puts toys to his mouth but not food :dohh: They will learn in their own time when they are ready just got to keep trying!

Maley did this at first too!!! But when she was holding a toy i would offer her a rusk...she would take it thinking it was a toy and when she put it in her her mouth and could taste something - she was hooked!!

Lucy did it too! Eventually they just learn I guess! Even now though she wont hold anything with a funny texture, she loves cucumber but wont hold it, or if I give her a bit of bread with jam on she goes mad and will suck the jam off before she'll hold it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->